Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help big time lol. I have a 98 zx9 and it has a few issues. At first it would blow the ignition fuse everytime you hit the switch on the right bar to turn it on. Well I fixed that and I also have to replace the coils on the #1 and #4 sparkplugs. The wierd thing is I can plug #2 and 3 coils into the #1 coil plug and they work and the #1 coil will not work with any other plug for the other coils. The #4 coil doesnt work at all with any of the working coils plugged into it. It just heats up and refuses to spark. Even with a good coil. What would cause the #4 coil to heat up and not spark? It wont work even with a good coil plugged into it so I have no idea. Please help!! also im sorry im I confused anyone.

·
Registered
148 Posts
No 1 coil is probably biffed, but also check the fuel pump relay under the back seat that the wires in the plug are ok as one of them is feed from the number one coil.

The earth return line on number 4 is probably shorted to earth, so no spark, and the low resistance in the coil is acting like a heater coil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts