Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CNBC is reporting 4 dollar gas by the end of the month.
This country is going to hell in a handbasket. I guess I'll be logging more time on the cycle.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
The bike is usually around $10 but I get much better gas mileage than I get with my car.

I filled up my bike a couple days ago and as I went to grab the pump, I noticed that the guy before me spent $80 bucks on gas...$80!!!

I was like wow that's insane...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
$60 to fill up my truck(cheap gas), and $13 to fill up my bike(good Gas)

·
Registered
510 Posts
has something to do with the Alaskan pipeline being shut down due to leaks. The feds are supposedly going to cough up some of their reserves to refineries to ease the burden. I've been saying it since y2k: I want my flying car! Since I can't have a flying car... some manufacturer should offer a real *green* alternative... these Hybrids are just beating around the bush.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
since we are talking about gas and saving gas and all that fun stuff.

i pay 75-80 to fill the 27gal 2004 f-150 supercrew. truck sucks gas like a hooker sucks ****

the bike on the other hand, if rode smooth and easy, i can spend 11 on chevron "expensive gas" and only fill up abouot every 8 days.

helps that i only work 5min away from home.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Im at around $12 to fill the tank on the bike. Considering removing my -1 upfront and going back to stock gearing just to keep the rev's lower and conserve more gas.

·
Registered
810 Posts
big deal, guys. In europe they have to ride 50cc scooters cause gas there is like buying time on a phone-sex line.

stop bitching, and admire the beautiful spoiled country we live in, $4 or higher! :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
good thing none of you broke SOB'S own boats. Its been $4+ a gallon for mid grade and the tanks and MPG are worse than any Suburban's. Plus it wont get to any real paying job that i know of...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
it's always entertaining reading these posts [B)] you pay sh1t compared to us [xx(]

just wait, it'll only get worse :D

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Yea, North america has it good compared to Europe.
I dunno why in Canada, ours is higher then the US. We can produce enough oil to sustain ourselves, yet we are the US's largest importer of oil. In other countries where they produce all their own oil, they have CHEAP gas, like I think venezuala is a few cents a liter?

I wonder if Canada decided to stop exporting gas to the US, if the US would invade :D

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm so freaking mad, too! Filling up my AMG SL55 V-12 is hard enough, but when I get the PSE&G electric and gas bill for my 8,450 square foot mansion on the hills overlooking the peasant fields, I GET REALLY PISSED! I mean its not my fault that I choose to keep my A/C at 64 to remind me of that time me and my keychain wife took a PRIVATE yacht with 16 mexican servants to Greenland. Seriously speaking though, she wanted to go during the winter because the cold was soothing on her freshly operated-on breast implants. Hell no I didn't bring my 3 kids from two wives, I left them at my other house in Barbados where they drive gas-guzzeling waverunners without catalytic convertors. JUST FOR SPORT!

im' done. sorry

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by southjersey636
Im at around $12 to fill the tank on the bike. Considering removing my -1 upfront and going back to stock gearing just to keep the rev's lower and conserve more gas.
I went -1 on my last bike....must have lost 10mpg easy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.