Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well finally got my bike rejetted the best i could and here is what i came up with
i used a factory stage 1 jet kit.
for the main jets i went one size up
cylinders 1/4 157.5 and 2/3 160 pulls PULLS EXTREMELY HARD WITH THESE AT WOT!
used the #15 pilot jets from the kit.
float height was recommended at 9.5mm i set it closer to 8.5mm
needles worked best at 3rd position, they recommend 2nd position.
fuel screw set at three turns out.

note... these are the best settings i found for only 03-04 636 header with high mount exhaust
also other mods i have that would effect my settings
velocity stacks for cylinders 1/4 swapped out for long ones like 2/3
bmc race air filter.
kleen air mod.
+4 ignition advancer(dont think this effects jetting but figured i might as well post for info.)

hope this helps anyone thinking of going to the 636 header as a alternative to expensive aftermarket headers.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
Hmm, I must have missed something here. The 636 header fits the 99-02ZX6R & 05-07 ZZR600?
Can we get a listing of where some of these parts come from such as the velocity stacks?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
thanks LL! i wonder how much differnce it is going to make on my bike since i am going to be usng the 636 headers with 05-06 undertail exahust, later replaced by laser exhaust. Monstermack dude! it shows that you have been a member since 03. there have been about atleast 25 threads on this old school forum talking about the compatibility of the 636 headers on the j model bikes! you definitely missed a lot!;)
LL , i have never messed with my carb settings or used jet kits. maybe i should just take my bike to the shop to set it to your recommendations! so do oyu have better top end after this setting?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this was my first time messing with my carbs and jetkits but i was very simple. just read as much as posible before you go ahead and do the work

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Yeah, the jets are easy to mess with you will realize it is alot more simple then it seems, just a pain in the ass due to having to remove the tank alot and carbs... My bike runs real great with intakes out and only the rubber tubes sticking there, but i need to jet it now that i have the correct intake for my race plastics, it rides nice up top but down low it chugs like i am running out of gas lol, but I think i feel more power with the 636 header and micron highmount over my muzzy slip-on on the stock headers. Anyways, Great post but i would like to point out this should only be a starting point for anyone, no 2 bikes are alike and due to elevation and climate the settings will be different for you, but this is a great starting point for anyone, and maybe it will be what you need but most likely a tad off for anyone else...
Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.