Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a question not many people can answer... figured you guys might know.

I have been following the break in (loosely) and i noticed that most owners get about 35-37 MPH in sixth at 4k RPM. For me, this is true for the first 15 min or so of the ride, then it seems I'll come to a stop somewhere along the way at a light or something, and then its top sped in sixth shifts to 30 mph on the dot and stays there for the remainder of the ride. Any thoughts? I don't think its a gauge inconsistency becauseit starts off at one fixed range and then settles in another, not sure what it is .... compression leak? I am only concerned because i wonder if this is causing me to not get all the power i should be getting, and also because ill have to rev it higher to get the speeds i need.

Also, no its not related to being on a hill or wind resistance, i tested it many ways and, like clockwork, after a good 10 min period it lowers the speed at top gear 4k rpm to 30 mph.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Umm first question is are you warming it up properly. Second is I would check the plugs and make sure you haven't fouled one.

Also how does the bike feel. Does it feel like you are going the same speed in RPM's. These speedos aren't very accurate and people have been having trouble with them .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your gonna have to clarify 'same speed in rpms' for me. And yes i warm it up for about two min each time. However, like a moron, i did not for the first 80 miles or so. But i live in texas and its 99+ every day, and i didnt get on the bike hard or anything, i was riding it real easy. It feels fine i guess, i wouldnt know because im new, but it feels like theres more power with less rpm when i first ride because of this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.