Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
HID - high intensity discharge.

You should go with the 4100ºK kit. For better night visibility you need a white light. As you go beyond 5000ºK, you actually lose visibility as the light gets bluer.

I have 4350ºK Mtec Super White Xenons (not HID) and they are excellent. Slight blue tint, but not too much.

·
Registered
631 Posts
GO WITH THE 6000K, THE BLUE LOOK ON A BIKE IS SWEET, AND ITS DIFFRENT THAN ALL THE OTHER SHIT OUT THERE. IF I HAD EXTRA MONEY FOR AN HID I WOULD JUMP ALL OVER THAT.

·
Registered
156 Posts
well heres a comparison for you. i have a 6k hid conversion on my crx. the light is hella blue on the ground. very easy for me to see at night although if you get caught in a freak rainstorm you cant see for crap. the 4k light should be just fine for night vision.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes i have installed hid on my 03, and hell no Blue Hid in no way looks ricy at all. Its very clean and you can see so much more than colored bulbs. I have a 8k (h7) plenty bright at low and on high i can see far down the road, all the way across and even up into the trees and all. I got Mccolloh... somthing like that but all you do is plug it inbetween the factory light harnes and the bulb that the kit comes with

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have installed the 4300k Catz HID kit in my bike and my car and love it. I used to sell them for automotive use before they became illegal for retail sale, so I have had a lot of experience with all of the different temp colors and types of kits. Of all of the colors, the 4100-4500K labeled kits are going to give the absolute most light output of all kits. Although the 6000K is not far behind in light output and IMO looks the most impressive w/ a slight bluish/purple color. If you have a real HID kit instead of the "ricer bulbs" you will not look "ricey". There is a big difference between real HID kits and the cheesy looking bulbs.

I would only recommend these two temp ratings, because most other temp ratings are tinted bulbs, which has the effect of shielding some of the light output. Similar to the way a tinted lens in a pair of sunglasses would dim the light to protect your eyes..

It is now very difficult to get your hands on a quality HID kit, but if you have the opportunity definitely go for it. HID lighting was one of the best things I have added to my bike to date.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i forgot to mention that the reason the 6000K temp still puts out almost as much light as the 4500K (pure white color)....is because it contains a different gas to create the color vs. other colored bulbs, which are tinted to produce the desired color..

·
Registered
150 Posts
no, they wont burn your wires, they actually draw less power continuous then the stock lights do. They are the same power draw as a 35 watt bulb. They have a special harness that draws the power directly off your battery, and use your stock harnesses as the signal to turn them off or on.. But word of advice the bulbs for an hid kit are like 100 bux a piece or more, and if you turn your lights on and off a lot they will burn out faster then letting them run for a long time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.