Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a buddy of mine just put a tirbo on his civic and had it dynoed with 428 hp to the wheel. He wanted to see what it could do against a bike and well we'll just say he lost really bad. For a 60 punch (his choice) by 120 mph he was at least 10-13 car lengths back. However I will give it props cause when he punched it he started wheel hopping trying to get traction.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I forgot the mag but I just seen an article in a car mag were all these 4 cyl cars were supped up by pros. The best performing one after the mods was a S2000 Honda. The best 1/4 they could get was in the 13's. The ZR-1 Vette does a quarter mile in the 12's. Our bike (6r) does it in the 10's.

It's obvious car guys don't know shit about bikes.

-Flash

·
Registered
26 Posts
13's? man sorry to break it to you but there's many a import car that run much lower than that. there's civic's in the 10's as well as much anything else, they are just few and far between. I have a new beetle that has run 11.2 at it's best. wouldn't beat my bike but it isnt that far off either. now its a given that 99% of the cars you see riding around won't even begin to touch your bike but every now and then you'll run across someone who will give you a pretty good run for your money and it usually comes from the ones you wouldnt expect it.

now this is going to be a touchy subject here probably but im gonna have to say something. a civic thats just has a turbo put on it won't even come close to 450+ hp. standard turbo kit for an si running 6psi will put it at right around 200hp. due to the weak internals of a honda engine you can't run that much boost on the stock block, so in order to get that much hp out of it the guy would have to had put a whole new block in it with all forged internals, a massive port and polish job to the head, a standalone engine management or something damn good to set the fuel curve that's map based, and a whole lot of upgrades to the fuel system itself. nothing short of somewhere around 12,000 dollars total. i have many friends with turbo civics and a lot of them have put thousands into their engines but not a one is close to 400 something hp. it can be done but not by someone who's "just put a turbo on it" unless they've just put in a new engine and everything else too. so either this guy has lied to you or he's done a lot more than just a turbo. no doubt the car is fast though.

i'm not trying to be a dick here either. sorry if i came off like that because i think i did. just my $.02

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
psychojerm-Yes I agree you do need more than just a turbo. He has a diffrent motor and a big list of other stuff. I know for a fact that he does have the power cause I saw the dyno sheet and the full story of how it came to be as fast as it is. While yes most import people lie about their power I know he doesn't. To give you the short version the shop he had do the work messed up so many times that they finally built it right at a huge discount.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my car was sponsored by atp. it had a fully built block with je 8.5:1 compression pistons, arp rods and rod bolts. pretty agressively ported head on top of that. t3 super 60 turbo, 550cc injectors, standalone engine management, secondary fuel pump, and a host of other small things. all this on a mk4 2.0 engine, the slow one without a turbo off the lot. i've got some pics if you guys wanna see it. it's not fast anymore. i've taken everything off of it and sold most of it and im setting it back up as close to stock as i can and driving her down to carmax. im much more interested in my bike now and got tired of messing with it. 1/4 mile traps were in the high 120's. around 127-128. not to shabby for a chick's car..ha ha

636owner - that's cool he has that much power. like i said i wasnt trying to be a dick i was just making sure everyone knew that bolting a turbo on a civic doesnt give it 400hp.

·
Registered
241 Posts
550cc injectors seem kinda small to be running 11.2s.......440cc injectors are maxed on on the duty cycle at around 300whp....

eric [:p]

·
Registered
940 Posts
Originally posted by psychojerm
my car was sponsored by atp. it had a fully built block with je 8.5:1 compression pistons, arp rods and rod bolts. pretty agressively ported head on top of that. t3 super 60 turbo, 550cc injectors, standalone engine management, secondary fuel pump, and a host of other small things. all this on a mk4 2.0 engine, the slow one without a turbo off the lot. i've got some pics if you guys wanna see it. it's not fast anymore. i've taken everything off of it and sold most of it and im setting it back up as close to stock as i can and driving her down to carmax. im much more interested in my bike now and got tired of messing with it. 1/4 mile traps were in the high 120's. around 127-128. not to shabby for a chick's car..ha ha

636owner - that's cool he has that much power. like i said i wasnt trying to be a dick i was just making sure everyone knew that bolting a turbo on a civic doesnt give it 400hp.
I put a dress on my pet monkey and called her Brittney Spears.....I took the dress off and realized she was still a monkey

·
Registered
321 Posts
I get wheel hop in my geo storm, with 87 hp at the flywheel...i guess its no 400hp but wheel hop plauges fwd cars. Thats why I'll stick to hopping up front engine, rear drive cars. Gotta love them silvias;) and my 240SX runs 12's, not quite 10's but still not shabby for a previously 15 second car.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider
will they ever learn?
[:M58] yep they never do. then they say I mised a gear and all that othere bs

·
Registered
940 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey i like my pink scooter....don't be mad because i have a car, much less that its a beetle, that's just as fast or at least real close to being as fast as your bike, and it's even got the same number of cylinders..........didn't mean to hurt your pride i guess. but then again some people are just like that...

·
Registered
940 Posts
hey i like my pink scooter....don't be mad because i have a car, much less that its a beetle, that's just as fast or at least real close to being as fast as your bike, and it's even got the same number of cylinders..........didn't mean to hurt your pride i guess. but then again some people are just like that...
Wow....I really don't have anything to say to that

hey, is long as you can look yourself in the mirror everyday...that's really all that matters

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out why it is that I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror or why it is that i would be ashamed....is it because that car is a beetle? cause i'm pretty sure you understand that I really don't have a pink scooter. so lets see, yeah i'm pretty ashamed of having one of the best engineered cars made, since yes it is german. oh but then again it's "a girl car" right? dude look around, more girls drive mustangs than anything else. and while on that topic, that car picks up girls more than just about any other except your exotic cars because they like it and think its cute. so what you need to do is grow up a little and quit trying to overcompensate for something by being so "manly". by the way, what kind of cage do you have? and what are you like 17 or 18?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
My buddy with a Civic will be pushing around 350HP to the wheels by the end of the summer. He's rebuilt his whole engine. I told him something will snap from a nice strong launch, we're just waiting to see...

The best part is it looks stock on the outside :D

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out why it is that I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror or why it is that i would be ashamed....is it because that car is a beetle? cause i'm pretty sure you understand that I really don't have a pink scooter. so lets see, yeah i'm pretty ashamed of having one of the best engineered cars made, since yes it is german. oh but then again it's "a girl car" right? dude look around, more girls drive mustangs than anything else. and while on that topic, that car picks up girls more than just about any other except your exotic cars because they like it and think its cute. so what you need to do is grow up a little and quit trying to overcompensate for something by being so "manly". by the way, what kind of cage do you have? and what are you like 17 or 18?
[:M50] Hahahahaa...

Actually if you check the info., sabbadoo10 is 5 years older than psychojerm.
I think that what sabbadoo10 is trying to get at with the whole "pink scooter" thing is that if you have a bike we wanna see it... because no one really cares about a beetle that's had thousands of dollars in performance parts thrown on it just keep up with a stock bike through the quarter mile.

(No offense was intended, that's just my interpretation of the previous posts.) [8D]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.