Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done alot of searching and found alot of info on a 42 tooth rear but not on a 43. So here is my question. I need a new chain as I tried to put my wheel back on I realized it wasnt going to happen with the stock chain. I want to order off the internet but I dono what size (length) chain I need. Does anybody know off hand??? The one other thing is that I did'nt see any link on the factory chain with a clip?? How do I get the stock chain off???? Any input is appreciated. Thanks Roo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the info I needed so I'll post it for anyone else who might need it. The stock chain is a 525, 108 link, o-ring. So I am going to need somthing like a 110 link, 525 o-ring. Also, the factory chain is sealed so it must be cut off.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
A -1t front gives nearly the same final drive ratio as a +3t rear, and fits the stock chain. If you replace the chain, be sure to use a rivet master link.

There is a ton of gearing info on this board. The search button works wonders.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ya, the catch there is that your speedo and odometer will be inaccurate unless you find a way to fix it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by MaDgamEr

Ya, the catch there is that your speedo and odometer will be inaccurate unless you find a way to fix it.
To be precise, your clocks were already inaccurate when you bought your bike.

·
Registered
471 Posts
What year bike do you have? The '03s come stock with 520 chains & sprockets. Look closely at your side plates on your chain it will say the size.
You need a chain breaker to break the old chain or a dremel & trash it. Breakers are cheap $20. Its the rivettting tool for a new chain that cost money. $80 or more. Some guys I've talked to said just buy both rivet link & a clip link. Use the clip link & go to a shop & for $10 they'll mount the rivet link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.