Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about purchasing a very very clean 03 7r with only 5700 miles. Dude was asking 5300 with a yoshi pipe. Said he would let it go for $4650 without pipe. Good Deal? I want that yosh pipe.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i paid 4700 for a 2001 with a full muzzy system last year. doesn't seem like a bad deal

·
Registered
150 Posts
I paid 4500 for my 2003 a year and a half ago. Had 10k miles but the bike was very clean. If the bike realy has 5700 original miles its pretty much still brand new. Has the bike ever been layed down? If you are a true fan of the zx7r its not a bad deal. None the less, I would offer a solid 4k for the bike and exhaust. There is a very clean 03 on ebay righ now with a buy it now price at 4k. Looks just like my 7 when I bought it. Anyway, if your a true 7r fan I would jump on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawa...m14QQhashZitem200255545729QQitemZ200255545729

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
it is very very clean and not a scratch on it. i sat there and looked the thing over and nothing looks old on the thing. but i don't know what i want. I've never ridden one before but i hear so many good things about the zx7. I'm either buying a 636 or the zx7. Ya'll input is greatly appreciated. is the zx7 more comfortable? im 6 feet 200 pounds

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would go with the zx7r. The 636 felt like I was doing an anorexic chick, if you know what I mean, when I sat on one; and I am your size. The zx7r is a little bigger bike and a lot more stable. Plus you will get respect from the serious riders out there that know bikes because the zx7r is an icon.

But anyway get what you like and what feels right for you because you’re the one going to be riding it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks for the input man. i don't think i ever did an anorexic chick, but i did do an extremely skinny girl...and i kinda liked it. The first time i sat on the 7r it just felt good. It felt way better than an 05 zx6r i previously sat on. And yesterday when i sat on the 2006 636...i felt kinda kramed but overall pretty good...but i reved up and it vibrated like hell. I heard the 636 were vibey, can i expect that from the 7? I guess im not too worried about comfort because it is a sportsbike. im just worried about getting the bike with more quickness, fun ride, and something I'm not gonna get tired of quickly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
...hey, just got done reading through the pages and noticed a gottaa buy it post...
nothing againt any 'smaller' ride.. but just remember.. "get the biggest bike you can"... you'll never run out of twist.. your size ... calls for + 1200cc's... just a thought..

Enjoy THe Ride...

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your right, the 636 does vibrate a bit. Also the frontend can be a little twitchy. Something you need to watch out for if you like riding through twisties. The zx7r has been known for its rock solid and stable frontend. And with some suspension tuning it’s pretty flickable in the corners. Hell, Kawasaki was still running the bike in the 2001 Superbike championship against all the newer technology (fuel injection) bikes and took fifth place. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to sell you on the bike, it’s just I’m a personal fan of the machine.
As for the zx7r motor its close to being bullet proof. The 636 does have the advantage of a bit more HP (125-130) as well as being lighter, so this is something you will need to take into consideration. The zx7r has ~123 hp and is ~80lb heavier. You can reach close to the 130 hp with some tuning though. Overall, I think the best bang for your buck will be with the zx7r if you can get it at the right price. But like I said, take your time and find what feels right for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks man, i appreciate your input. now i just gotta pull the trigger. This dude thats selling it has two zx7r's. A green one and an orange one. The orange has 9xxx miles on it but its super clean as well. We'll see what happens. I'll definitely post pics though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts