Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked the look of the Ninja 500R, with the parallel twin motor, but the power output has always been somewhat low in my books. I was just wondering what kinds of power is possible out of these bikes with mods? Is there much int he way of engine mods to produce more power out there?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Not much you can really do with a 500 parallel twin as far as engine mods. It is what it is. If you want more power, get something bigger.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is "more power" to you? Acceleration? Top end? Have you ever read the stats on a 500? The quarter mile will put most under 70k to shame at 12's. Its under 4.5 seconds to 60mph. Top speed is 120-130mph. If you want to go faster, look into the ducati twins. I've ridden mine for 2 years, and i would say if i wanted to move up i could and am ready, but to be honest, even cruising at 70mph on the highway, i can drop 2-3 gears and fly out of danger or beat cars with what they call "roll ons" (means you race starting at a certain speed such as 70mph). Just to give you an example. A brand new off the showroom Dogde Viper, has a 0-60 time the same as a 500, and the same quarter mile. Your talking 500hp vs our 50. and your talking 400lbs vs under 4000. The ratio is in our favor, and thats gonna cost you 70k. Not to many cars can beat a viper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.