Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's bike run rough right at 5000 every gear. Not at 6000 or 4000 but right at 5000? kinda wierd but I figured it is low in the power band and could just be the way it is.
If I should have done a search on this let me know, too lazy

·
Registered
36 Posts
alot of bikes have a flat spot at around 5000rpm to pass the noise and emmissions regulations.

adjusting the fueling on a dyno with a re-jet or power commander will sort it out.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I figured it was something to do with the factory set up and testing. It just feels like the mix changes a little right at 5k.
I can live with it though.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Mine runs a bit funny with 5k too. I try not to stay around there for long. It's something like the carb is making a different noise at that rpm. On acceleration you will realize that the pull through 4k to 6k is not that good either.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
mine bike has a harsh flat spot around there too...

jetting/power commader would most likely fix it...not big enough deal for me to work about since when I need my bike to perform, I'm running it above 9 grand...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey fellas - if you have a 2000-2002 try shimming the needles if you have a slip-on, it helped get rid if the roughness @ 5k on my ride. There's a good thread on shimming the needles - search for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.