Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay i KNOW there is a thread up there but i figured I'd get more responses this way....

does anyone have a problem with their kickstand getting in the way while riding? or am i just an idiot and did it wrong or something?

heres some pics.....its not the kickstand so much as it is the piece of metal that sticks out so you can put the kickstand down....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i added a pic...but i wanna bump this because i know a BUNCH of people have them and no one has mentioned this problem....

i pm'ed smokin kawi too and he hasn't responded

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
adjust your shift higher. If your accidently hitting it will ridding you not positioned on the peg right. The peg should be under the ball of your foot not your arch. You then switch ur foot position to shift then back to the ball of your foot. You toes should also not be pointed out like a duck. But yeah you have your shifter adjusted way the heck down so your reaching way below the height of the peg to shift.

Take a picture from the side not the an above shot and you will see how your shift is way to damn low.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
adjust your shift higher....
you will see how your shift is way to damn low.

i didn't even realize it. i appreciate the answer man, and i always ride on the balls of my feet more comfortable..anway reps to ya skinny

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
yeh, the shifter looks way too low.

whats the comfort like on these? ive heard they make the ergos better. but cant see how. wont it bend your knees even tighter?
Yep they bend your knees tighter by a little bit. It makes you fit into the tank way better though. Im 6,4 and i used them till i switched over to the giles

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeh, the shifter looks way too low.

whats the comfort like on these? ive heard they make the ergos better. but cant see how. wont it bend your knees even tighter?
i had a chance today to ride a bit probably 30-40mins of riding. i tried so damn hard to figure out the difference from stock to these guys. riding position doesnt feel much different. The only ergos i know are off the stock 07 and after installing i felt little change....

let me edit: i just realized my post made little sense......

the more i think about it, i find it easier to turn at slower speeds (i dont know if this has anything to do with them) but my balance with the positioning of the pegs seems to help, and i'm terrible at slow speed turning i gotta spend more time on that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts