Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
520 smaller and lighter per foot. prone to stretch without regular care.
530 more strength

·
Registered
207 Posts
If it's going to be on your bike your should go with a 530. Litre bikes put alot of strain on their chains and you'll stretch out the 520 to quickly. 520 is great in the short run, but it will need to be replaced sooner then the 530.

·
Registered
207 Posts
525 is what comes stock on 600s, not sure about your bike, but i'd imagine it is a 530. don't really see a need for a 535 or 540 but i could be wrong

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
Originally posted by gtjimm
525 is what comes stock on 600s, not sure about your bike, but i'd imagine it is a 530. don't really see a need for a 535 or 540 but i could be wrong
actually the 05 zx6 is a 520 already. but was curious about what the zx10 came with stock. ive got an 05 r1, and that chain is ALOT bigger than on my 6. thinking it was a 535 but not sure. and exaclt what scale of measurment is that?.. 520 what? something pretty damn small

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
If I had to do it all again I would've gone with the 530.

I went the 520 route and after about 4k miles one of the links cracked. It's an RK chain. Apparently the maste link flew off and it placed a lot of stress on that point in the chain. I'll post some pics of it later tonight.

IMO, there was no significant difference in performance with the conversion.

other than the fact that I had to repair the chain.[B)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.