Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so these two raced and the zx10r only won by a car length??? WTF!

40 roll to 130mph.

Sounds right?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Del slow with 550hp is still a heavy car (exspecailly for it size) that should not be able to beat a bike. However do remember that bikes are 95% rider and 5% bike...

EDIT: from a roll??? Someone doesnt know what they are doing...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was saying the same stuff, but they were saying dude had race take offs and was a good rider....

i personally dont see it but im not going to call dude a liar.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Don't get me wrong.. 500+ hp with a little Del Sol (yes, I know they're actually somewhat piggish) could make for a 9 or 10 second car in some cases if they were able to put the power to the ground, so it could be possible.... and roll on racing and from a dig are two different extremes. From a dig, you'd think the average rider on a ZX10R would run a low 10 or high 9, right? Typically? From a roll, the advantage might be a bit better for the Del Sol actually. I'm assuming it probably had a large turbo, and a motor swap. The traction issue is generally eliminated or decreased. It's possible, but not likely.

·
Registered
802 Posts
yeah from a roll is key there

id believe it was close from a roll like that, cause youve got to figure when they started then the del sol was at max boost making that full HP, then a flat shift or two he loses no boost and is at full HP the whole time.

if this is true though and he is 550 at the wheel, i would love to see him sitting at the line tires smoking as the 10r flies out of sight :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by alor14582
cars can beat bikes, it can happen ppl dont get big headed cuz ur on a bike
Dude what the fuck you talking about? No shit cars can beat bikes... Whos got the big head?

·
Registered
541 Posts
A 550 hp FRONT WHEEL DRIVE del sol shouldnt be anywhere near a zx10 in a race. From a light, the del sols tires would be hopping like crazy, even with drag radials. But from a roll at 70, it could beat a 600 with average riders.

The zx10 rider probably didnt roll on in first gear. He was probably in 3rd gear or something. It takes 700+ REAR WHEEL horsepower atleast to beat someone on a liter who knows EXACTLY what hes doing. Watch the video on street fire with a 700 supercharged vette racing a zx10. The zx10 was fucking with him doing wheelies and still won. Though the zx10 was heavily modded with engine work too. Sorry but the zx10 joe biker youre talking about wasnt prepared, dispite what was said about him. Lets not forget the horrid aeros on the del sol. A 500 hp vette or supra would beat a 550 hp HONDA.

With no mentioning of weight, this is still all up in the air. The del sol could be stripped completely, and the joe rider could weigh 300+ lbs. A lot of domestic car guys will tell you weight savings is pointless. A 440 lb 160 hp bike with a 300 lb rider. Thats 700 lbs on 160 hp compared to 550 hp 2300 lb del sol. Do the math. 4.18 lbs per horsepower compared to 4.3 lbs per horsepower.

Face the facts...we simply dont know how to ride these things. It takes some knowledge to get 500 hp out of any car slower than a ford gt. And with that comes the assumption that the person also knows how to launch, shift, and turn. Any joke can buy a bike faster than everyone else. So in conclusion its very possible, and I believe the del sol only lost by a car length. Wake up call for the rider.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Tell them "WANNA RACE FROM A ROLL? 160 - 180 LOLOLOLOLOOOO"

The whole deal with hayabusas is only big guys buy them for the most part. If they werent big they would have most likely bought a 1000cc supersport instead of a hyper tourer ( not trying to say anything with this statement ) The weight negates the extra torque with the only thing left it is its aeros barely holding its position above the liters. Which makes hayabusas easier to talk shit too when you have a modded supra. You put my 130 lb ass on a fast bike and we will see who walks what[^] Or kidknap dan pedrosa, the 80 lb fuck and see who wins then bahahahaha

·
Registered
176 Posts
Umm.. Depending on what model del Sol it was, I wouldn't consider them piggish. del Sol S models weigh 2190lbs stock.. Thats pretty damn light. 550hp in a ~2200lb car is easily good for mid-high tens @ ~135mph

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.