Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard people say they cant power wheelie with the zx7. I bought a 95 a couple months ago, and tried a power wheelie for the first time yesterday. i laid on the throttle in first, let off fast, then throttled up again (not too hard), and it came up about 6 inches. I did it twice. I think that if I really got on the throttle it would come up more. Is there a difference between the 95 and below & the 96 +?

·
Registered
181 Posts
that is a power wheelie with a chop. bouncing is when you give a bounce on the pegs and WOT it, no chop involved

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
they're both "bouncing it up"... the same thing is happening.

when you go WOT then close the throttle it compresses the forks so when you go back to WOT you get the push from the motor plus the forks rebounding helping you wheelie.

if you bounce on the pegs you're doing the same thing, compressing the suspension and using the rebound to help you wheelie.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Originally posted by tufaznail
okay, i bounced it up. my bad. next time i will just smash directly into a tree instead.

HAHAHAH thats all i ask!!

nah, thats cool.. i never used to know anything abotu wheelies before i started hangin out with ppl who do them. i didnt know what bouncing or power or flamingos were!

·
Registered
65 Posts
id say any time your wheeling without the clutch your powering it. And bouncing or jouncing is using your weight, Around here they call teh other chop technique due to the chop action of diping the front in . but both those would still be power wheeelies in my book.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hahah only when its hard lol...
yes choping it. but i got laid into tot for confusing what they mean by power wheelie. they meet just whith an normal roll to WOT the bike wont loft. wich illl agree it just kinda gets light in the front.
But with the clutch it wheelies fine if thats your intent but unless your good...bye bye fork seals real quick on this pig.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The 7s can loop if you know how to fuck up the right way. Ive seen a guy power his 7 to balance point but he had to stand up to do it.

And yea, caboose, thats still a power wheelie. Are you saying weight distribution and throttle play voids it as a power wheelie? [xx(]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.