Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Another thing nobody tells you about -- You will spit on the inside of your helmet by accident.

Or maybe that was just me lol.

· Registered
219 Posts
That was well written, thank you for sharing.

· Registered
649 Posts
lol i joined a motorcycle club before i bought my motorcycle...

· Registered
2,769 Posts
this is my fav
"Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity. You live and die by the odds, and if given enough time, they will always catch up to you. Which is truly unfortunate, because I know a lot of people that ride motorcycles, and I don't know anyone that has ever quit.

· Registered
312 Posts
Ok, I noticed something... When It talked about Inductions loops... It got it wrong... Traffic detecting Induction loops use the ferrous parts of a vehicle, normally steel or iron, to generate an electric current and signal the light... not the weight the the vehicle...Because otherwise we would have to put them where the tires would be... not in the middle of the road. I know, im nitpicky...

· Registered
6,606 Posts
Ok, I noticed something... When It talked about Inductions loops... It got it wrong... Traffic detecting Induction loops use the ferrous parts of a vehicle, normally steel or iron, to generate an electric current and signal the light... not the weight the the vehicle...Because otherwise we would have to put them where the tires would be... not in the middle of the road. I know, im nitpicky...
There are different sensors in different areas. Some are triggered by weight.

· Registered
312 Posts
There are different sensors in different areas. Some are triggered by weight.
True.. Ok to clarify... Induction loops its referring too are not weight sensing as stated in the article. I know they even used to use tubes of air to tell if there was traffic at one point... like at a gas station...

· Registered
869 Posts
Wrote my own.

You Become Broke.

No matter what kind of motorcycle you buy, you always end up putting a ton of money into it.

Maintenance.
You’d think that because it’s a smaller engine, the bill would be smaller for standard maintenance and repairs. Well, you’d be wrong my friend. When I was taking my bike to a dealer for oil changes and services, it would regularly cost more nearly double what the same service would cost in my Explorer. Oil change in the Explorer: $59. Oil change in the bike: $111 Tires. There’s only 2 of them, you’d think right? I recently just priced new tires for my Explorer: $620 mounted and balanced. For 4. Tires for the trackbike: $375 Granted, they are race tires, but still, you go through them a bazillion times faster.

Upgrades.
Doesn’t matter the motorcycle. Hundred dollar fender eliminator? Sure. Custom chrome sissy bar for grandpa’s bike? Do it. Everyone does it. Custom paint all around. You buy your motorcycle from the dealer thinking it’s the coolest bike that’s ever been built. The first time you take it out anywhere, one of the first questions that anyone asks you is: What all have you done to it? And I’m not talking about the track, that’s another beast. I’m about to drop more on my suspension then I paid for the bike. But my streetbike is no different. I literally just bought new forks for it. Because they’re black. *I think it’s gonna look sick. Nothing special about them other then they’re black. No reason for them at all, other then that fact that they’re black and they’ll match everything that’s not red. Refer back here*

Fun.
Harley folk have bike weeks. Sportbike folk have the track (and bike weeks). I used to think dropping $70 on a lift ticket in the Poconos was expensive. Then I found the track. At anywhere between $75 and $200 a day, not counting expenses. Absolute insanity. And Harley folk don’t get dismissed from this category either. Mister middle aged finance manager from Kalamazoo never in his live would be caught dead in a ripped t-shirt, cutoff vest, with a red bandana adorning his brow… until he purchased his Harley. Now, he’s a badass. Family vacation? OK, but he gets his own now too. He may take his wife, as long as she’s ok with assless chaps and Budweiser. He’ll do the $20,000 Disney trip with the kids, but he gets his own week to himself and a few of his closest riding friends for whatever those expenses run.

That’s Brisk, baby.

· Registered
5,076 Posts
They check their mirrors, they flick on their turn signals, and then they calmly and deliberately proceed to murder you.

I laughed pretty hard. Though this is sadly true and scary :(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.