Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody im in the market for a new bike just looking for some of your opoinons on the 600 class, but im leaning towards an 6r what do you think is the best suited for everyday use and do you have any ideas if the 2004s for the 6r are going to be the same as 2003.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
are u going to use it for everyday commuting? im pretty sure the 04 is gong to be the same as the 03, maybe diffrent color schemes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be driving my car back and forth to work and stuff but when i cruise I would take my bike. We dont have any tracks here in Newfoundland so we dont get to do any racing. What do you think of the other 600 bikes such as the r6 cbr 600 f4i and the gixer 600.

·
Registered
271 Posts
We don't [^]

Seriously, for your intended use, the 2000-02 model may be the best value. Just as comfortable (or even more) as a CBR600, but with more soul.

Among the '03 bikes, the most rider-friendly positions seem to be the ZX and the R6. The Yamaha promised more mid-range for '03, but it doesn't seem to be there, and for the riding you want to do, a fat mid-range like the 636 is probably what you're looking for.

... well, you did log on to a ZX6R website ... :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im buying a new bike not a used one and the direction im heading in is the zx6r the new styling is just so great I love it in blue just cant get it out of my mind and with that 636 motor ya cant go wrong. But well see what 2004 offers i suppose

·
Registered
530 Posts
For everyday use, the most *comfy* 600s are the 00-02 6R, YZF600R, or the F4i (but it has hard seats).

The 03 6R is a better choice than any of the above even for commuting IF you are willing to sacrifice comfort for performance, handling, and style. I use mine for commuting and I love it as a commuter. Caveats: It does take a little getting used to (around 1 week for me). And my girlfriend says that riding as a passenger on it is uncomfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.