Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I might sound like a real retard here, but I have a '00 6R. I was checking up on the quarter mile/0-60 times, and they do not seem to differ much from the 9R. I've never ridden a bigger Ninja, is there a much bigger difference?
-Collin-

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had 1000, 900 and 750cc bikes and recently had a ride on an R1 and Hayabusa. The big diff' is instant access to mamoth power. No winding it up like on the 600's, just open the throttle in any gear and have the bike take off, two up as well. I reckon the best thing about the 600's compared to the bigger bikes is you really have to "RIDE EM" to get the best out of them. After years of bigger bikes, I bought a 600 and realised that for too long I had just relied on horse power to go quick. My lap times around our local race track are now quicker then they have ever been, on the least powerful bike I've taken out there.

I have this philosphy with 600's, if you can't keep up around a race track or on your local mountain road with your mate who is riding a bigger capacity bike, it's because they are a better rider.

"All power to the 600 I say"!!!

Tony

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. Another thing I cant get enough of is that 14 thousand + RPM!!!!! I don't think it would be wise to do that on a 1000. I love my bike so far...kinda need a pipe though. Anyone know which is the loudest? I was thinking D&D.
-Collin-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey...my bike looks identical to that. Mine's a 2000, what year is yours? The two bros looks pretty nice man...what did you pay for it?
-Collin-

·
Registered
778 Posts
ZX9 has more kick, just a bit more. But like redzx said, if your getting whipped on the street the other rider is better because our bikes like to be in the 10 - 13K rpm range and if you know how to use it you shouldn't see much of a difference between a 600 and 900 on the street.

The 900 wheelies easier which mean it has more acceleration power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.