Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I've been able to tell, the two bikes are the same except the CA model has a evaporative cannister and a different fuel tank with internal venting.

Gary Milcheck
'03 Kawi ZX636R
'00 Duc 748R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im gearin up to buy a 636 w/i the next week or 2.
I read a lot about the ca yam r6 and know that the 49 stater version of that bike has different cams,higher reading rpm tach and more emission stuff.
however I have researched the heck out of the 636 and cant find out the differences on the ca 636 and the 49 stater.. Does anyone know more about this ..?? Please help before I buy.. I know the previous ca kawis had the same cams as the 49 staters. Is that the case for the new 636..?? If so I wont bother buying out of state and going thru that hassle.. any info greatly appreciated..
Keep it right side up.............

·
Registered
13 Posts
hmmm thats what i was guessin.. i guess it really doesnt matter if u have a 49 stater or a cal model as far as the 636 is concerned...??? that cannister can be ripped off pretty easily without any serious problems i think....? anyone have any feedback regarding the removal of the cannister or any other cal smog stuff..?? (for racetrack purposes only!!!);)
Thanks again for the help
keep it right side up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.