1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
586 Posts
yes this is horrible news. I loved the domination of the 636 in that class. On the good side maybe we will have a chance to win all the classes this year with the 10 and EBOZ at the helm. I also read Fatty(Roger) Lee Hayden may be coming to Kawi. Plus attack Suzuki will now be attack Kawasaki. Yeah for us go Team Green

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
it'll be a interesting racing season with all the new changes...riders...etc.
what team will maladin be in now?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
lol..yea
but who signed him for the new season? i mean since attack suzuki is no more who is he gonna ride for? eboz should be able to go head to head with him now that the 10 is out

·
Registered
586 Posts
Maladin rides for factory Yoshimura Suzuki not attack. Jason Pridmore 2002 FMX champion rides for attack though. He should have some fun with the 10. Anyways I have a ton of faith in EBOZ I just hope he can keep the tire planted to the ground and ride it around like his 7. I cant wait and I will be at Daytona to see the first race of the 10.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by spartan 116
lol..yea
but who signed him for the new season? i mean since attack suzuki is no more who is he gonna ride for? eboz should be able to go head to head with him now that the 10 is out
Sad thing was that he was running an out dated old school bike and still making a good effort. He was leading in the points until he had that accident.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i'm so concerned Eric is going to have teething problems with the 10R...It just seemed like the 7 suited his style. Hopefully Kawasaki designed the 10R to suit it too...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Andy_7676
i'm so concerned Eric is going to have teething problems with the 10R...It just seemed like the 7 suited his style. Hopefully Kawasaki designed the 10R to suit it too...
Ya I kind of feel the same way. He was the shit on that bike, the 10R is gonna be a whole different feeling. But if the rumors are true (and I think they are) he has been practicing over the last month, and will keep on practicing until race time.

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=5581

Anyone read that? Seems like Hyden is gonna jump up to the plate with the 10R to. Since theres no where else for him to go, I guess it makes sense.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
superstock is gonna rule....

so Eric wont be in AMA superbike or will he be riding in both?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think E-boz will do just fine. It may take a bit to get the 10 dialed in, but he seems determined. It coulda woulda shoulda been slightly different for '03, but he ironically got taken out by Mladin's teammate. Stuff happens in racing beyond one's control. On a different note, i'm pretty pumped about Formula Extreme. Majorly tweaked 600's goin toe to toe seems a lot more interesting to me than the open class superstock bikes. Does anybody know what classes the factory Kawasaki's and the Attack Kawi's are gonna run?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by dtmsurf
Originally posted by CDRacingZX6R
I just saw the new set of 2004 ama rules..

http://www.ussuperbike.com/article.php?UID=WEquB4IOZCpTOFnZuJwFRwvgZRXczD&sc=1122&aid=2662

Then does that mean there is no class for the 636 to run in anymore? Cause if supersport remains unchanged that means up to 599cc, and then superstock taking over superbike means 745-1000cc? Where the hell does the 636 fit in now?:(
Isnt this why they made the RR?
The 6RR was made to run in supersport, which it does.. If you want to call this year running.. Yikes..

The 636 was thrown into the superstock class for fun, and it ended up doing very well. Extremly well actually, thats why it's such a shame it has no where else to go.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I went to school with Jason Pridmore. I talked with his dad (Reg) the other day. Jsaon already has a 10 he is trying out. He hasn't made a decision where he will be riding next year. At least that's what his dad was saying as of Monday.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Has anyone looked at the Formula USA CCS series? It looks like the 636 fits in nicely in there Middle Weight Sportbike class. I may go to a few of these races next year as opposed to the AMA. It seems to me that the AMA is screwing things up! I think something is wrong if the manufacters are not participating in all of the classes!

·
Registered
36 Posts
the 636 can be run in the formula extreme class, rules limit 4 cyclinders up to 640cc.

adding to kawasaki firepower, josh hayes just signed with attack kawasaki to run a 10r in superbike and superstock.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
So Attack is going to run Superbike afterall? Nice. Okay so it's a support team and not full-blown factory, but at least we'll see a 10R in the class. Hope Attack has the budget to make it competitive with the Suzie and Yammie.

Good news though indeed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.