Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to hear about your crash, but glad you and your bike are OK. Parts - many people recommend ronayers.com

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sorry about your bad news, but glad to hear that you and your bike are ok.

Just make sure that you go over the bike in fine detail so that you find any potential "hidden" damage. Its easier to find it this way, than to have something go wrong when you're back out on the road.

------

The truth is out there...
...its just a matter of knowing where to look.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey guys,
Well It happened, I droped my baby. It was Sunday morning and while I have only been riding street for aoubt 3 weeks I have been around bikes since I was 10. I have been told by friends that I ride quite fast for someone with as little experience as I have. But none the less, part of having experience is knowing when not to ride fast even if you can, espically when you are on unfirmiliar terrain. I was keeping up with a buddy of mine on a RSV Mile who has been riding for years and has a lot of track experience. It was a blind left hand corner and while I was not riding too fast for the corner I just did not expect to hit some gravel. My front end washed enough to put me off course. I saved it but when I saved it I was in the grass headed for a ditch at which point I instintivley tried to turn and well if you have ever ridded a street bike in the grass you know that that is not possible. So at about 60 or 65mph I droped it. The bike went in the ditch with suprisingly little damage. As for me I rolled on the pavement then in the grass. Im a little banged up but for the most part I am ok. Rasberry on my left hip, my left sholder is banged up and my head hurts.
I am glad that I was wearing a padded jacket and Jeans other wise I would probably be in a whole lot more pain. I am taking this as a learning experience. Lesson learned is that if you dont know a road take it easy. Yes you may be able to ride that road fast, but learn the road first. Dont make my mistake, Me and My bike could have been a whole lot worse and I am thankfull that it was not any worse. As for the bike the left motor cover is scraped, I have a small crack in my left ferring and some paint chips missing, o and the shifter was bent. I rode the bike the rest of the way and I will be replacing the shifter. If anyone knows where I can get one cheap please let me know. Please take my experience to hear and dont make my mistake. Have fun, but most importantly Ride Safe.

Mr. Speed

------

Going fast in a straight line is fun, but I live for the twisties.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Wow, sorry to ehar you went down.

A few things my MSF class instructor would say.

Never ride a road like you would ride at the track.

You never know what kind of debris is awaiting you around the corner. Whether it be glass, gravel, dirt, foliage, animal, oil or some other road hazard it is not worth it to ride into a curve blind.

Also, it's ok to get there a few seconds after your buddy arrives. He'll wait for ya.

Another idea my MSF instructor always taught is to take a test ride up a road you want to take your bike on. Either do it in your car, or do it on your bike at a slower pace. Then you can look for trouble spots before you ride. Granted you can't always do that, but if you can, it's helps.

Glad you came out relatively unhurt and glad the bike is just a couple of quick fixes.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
glad to hear you and your bike are ok. just remember this a bike can be replaced your life can't! be safe out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.