Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I tried. (see topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7485 )

Went back to the dyno on Saturday.
To recap (I had all the numbers recalculated to Saturday's run at 90 degrees in the shop), I made 100 hp and 43.9 torque on 3-22-03. The bike had approx 600 miles on it. All I have doned since then is remove the air valve, the bike is still stock. I am getting ready to order my pipes and pc III, so I wanted a good base run. I now have around 3500 miles on the bike, so the motor is looser, and should run better.

On 8-2-03, I made a run with the short stock can (cut about 5" off and removed 2 baffles)and made 103.8 rwhp and 45.4 ft-lbs of torque! Now for the surprise, with the stock can, (ok, 4 holes drilled in the end for sound)I made 105.8 rwhp and 46.2 torque!

Total increase was 5.8 hp and 2.3 ft-lbs of torque. Not bad considering all I have done is remove the air valve and seal the airbox!

So all of you that were asking if it was a good idea to chop the can, the answer would be no, unless you wanted decent sound without buying a pipe. Everyone said that it sounded better than stock, but not as good as an aftermarket pipe.

I will try to scan my sheet as soon as I get a new scanner, mine died last week. Don't hold your breath tho, ordering a bunch of stuff for my '03 to bolt on, and have an '00 that I am trying to turn into a stunt bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.