Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what parts from a 636 will fit on my 02 zx6r??? specifically the forks, with a the 636 rotors so that the brakes will match up??? anyone tried this yet????

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Well I should just tell you to do a search, this has been asked a few times...

But I'm in a giving mood [8D]
The short answer, sadly, is NO.
The longer answer:
The ammount of money you'd need to spend to even make it physically fit would be enourmous, let alone actually getting it to work right. The triple clamp, wheel, brakes, etc.. would all need to be swapped. Thats just to start.. it would not be worth it..

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
... and way more money than it would cost you for a good set of brake pads, fork tuning, and braided lines. Given the fact that the front end geometry also changed in 2003, you'll end up way further ahead with these mods than attempting to swap it out anyway for HUGE bucks and a risky, unknown effect on handling. It's WAY more involved than just swapping fork tubes, since the '03 models are inverted and in the end a totally different diameter. Which means, as CDN stated, now you're into modifying the top and bottom clamps, possibly a completely custom head, and as I said, a change in overall geometry. Not good.

The mods I recommended are tested for the '02 and proven effective. Buy the October 2003 issue of Sportrider and listen to how effective these three mods can be on the older bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.