Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you swap a 636 front end on your 650R?
Please explain your experience, any problems overcome,
and what the conversion cost you

·
Registered
28,787 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) excellent

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
How do you like your Penske? Thats the only big mod I have left on my to-do list.

·
Registered
122 Posts
so aside from the forks, has anybody tried to put a 636 front plastic on the 650? i have one avalible and i think i want to try it, just want to know if anyone has done it yet

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I've seen a race bike with 05-06 ZX6R race bodywork, things didn't line up very well, like the holes for the stator cover. If you want a different look you can try Catalyst bodywork, their upper is designed to use a ZX6R windscreen and clipons under the triple. I have a Catalyst tail on my bike:

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
say what?

·
Registered
122 Posts
lol its kinda hard to explain. the 636 front end doesnt have the side plastics attatched to it like the 650r. so if i put the 636 front on it id have to cut the 650r side plastics to fit with the 636 front.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
uhh, good luck with that!

·
Registered
122 Posts
lol im also thinking about (kawasaki gods are going to be mad) and r1 tail on my 650. while my friend was putting replica fiat plastics on his r1, i started thinking about how his tail would look, so i put it next to mine half way on and it looked really nice, and hes going to give it to me for 30$ so i might just go for that too.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
That would be a cool look, the seat to tank fitment might be a bit of an issue, what year R1 is it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
ya i thought about the seat issue, i think its an 04. ill have to go over and take my tail off and do a test fit to see if its even possible. i dont have a problem modifying plastics but seats are another issue in itself. if i have to mess with the seat im not even going to bother

·
Registered
122 Posts
ya those plans went out the window with my wreck. shes naked now waiting on forks. street fighter is the way im going now. i might still try for the r1 tail though. but ive spent enough money for now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts