Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently debating several full exhaust options. Akra, Sato, or Arata. Anyone have a current set up? Please share your experience. I kind of like the Arata for cost reasons, but Akra and Sato are familiar to me since some of my buddies have owned their systems.

What is your take?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Im gonna share my opinion on the Akr Evo since that is what is installed on my bike. This opinion has nothing to do with the other exhaust you mentioned as i have heard really nice things about Arata and some ok things about sato. If you follow strongs advice and do a search on Akrapovic or Arata, it will benifit you greatly, cause that is exactly what i did when i was making the same decision you are currently making. The Fit of the Akra is splendid, i just stuck the headers up and they fit perfectly, the midpipe was the same way and the muffler just fit perfectly to the midpipe. The Quility of the pipes are simply fantastic the welds look great, even the spring tensioners look great. After all the reading i did while trying to decide, my final decision was based mainly on proposed performance increases from the Akra system vs. the other systems mentioned. The final price difference between the arata and the akra was about 180.00 if i remember correctly, so price really didnt play any factor in my decision, whats 200 bucks when i have spent a couple of thousand on mods for this money eating machine lol. Oh yea, i had visited a ducati dealership while i was trying to make up my mind, and i saw the Akra on a Aprilia, it looked so sweet so that really helped also. After giving my opinion on this exhaust ill leave you with this: I would buy the Akra again, knowing what i know now, it has made my bike zing with power in the mid and upper RPM range. Its like riding a different bike. When you do a search for Akrapovic, you will see some pics of the install process of my system. Hope this helps, and again, im not knocking any of the other systems you mentioned, and if you purchase your arata or sato from DanKyle i can assure you will not be dissapointed in his customer service, he was more than helpfull in answering many questions for me when i was deciding on a full system (Thanks Dan). Hopes this helps you.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yosh is a very good pipe. It won't be in the same league for material and build quality as the three turn9 is considering however.

Turn9, again I'll recommend the search button, but I'd also recommend you look very closely at all three systems in person. Find a dealer that has them in stock, find a rider in your area with one, but in order to pick out the differences, you'll want to give it the first-hand look yourself. You have picked three VERY high-end systems (pretty much considered the cream of any crop), and honestly I don't think you'd go wrong with ANY of them. Personally, I still believe Akrapovic is a touch ahead of Arata, and I'm not big on the look of the Sato myself, but again, a close inspection first hand may be what you need to make the right decision. I find both Akrapovic and Arata to be just plain sexy up close and in person, there's no other exhausts I've seen that come close to them for finish, and they both sound beautiful.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.