Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 636 wont start, it cranks over but I cant hear the fuel pump running and I pulled the plugs out and grounded them and Im getting no spark. The FI light flashs only as the engine turns over. The oil light also comes on when you turn the ignition.

I think it might be the vehicle level sensor has gone bad but I did the tests and it seems ok, can the oil light being on cut the fuel and spark? my oil also fills up the window should I drain some?

Does anyone know what this could be I really want to ride

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Prop your gas tank up and make sure the connector and fuel line from the pump are connected. If this checks ok, move down to your kickstand switch, disconnect it- should be a little connector and then try starting it, if this starts it then you have a kickstand switch problem. Try these 2 things then let me know what happens.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have checked the wires to the tank and one of the had to be reattached to the pump, I have already cut the kickstand switch out. I clipped the wires and attached them to each other. What about the switch that tells if the clutch is pulled in? can I bypass that?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have checked the wires to the tank and one of the had to be reattached to the pump, I have already cut the kickstand switch out. I clipped the wires and attached them to each other. What about the switch that tells if the clutch is pulled in? can I bypass that?
put the bike in Neutral and you wont have to worry about the clutch being in.

it might be your coil pulse sensor (crankcase position sensor)

if its not reading the right amount of pulses it cuts power...

were you expirencing any other problems with the bike before it just cut out and wont run?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just got the bike off a buddy of mine who got to many tickets so the bike has been sitting. he says the last time he rode it worked fine. how ever i suspect that the bike might have been borrowed and abused with out my buddy knowing. with that being said the bike has been through alot, crashs, being laid down.

I have tried to check the crank sensor but their are two bolts holding the sensor in, what looks like a 8mm bolt and a bolt with a phillips head on it. The phillips head bolt is on real tight and Im worried about rounding it to I did not take it out, can I check it with out removing those bolts?

The cam sensor is next on my list

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Did you drain the old gas out of it yet? I would do that, then add in some SeaFoam cleaner from the auto parts store along with a full tank of fresh new fuel. See what happens then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to replace my ignition since a bunch of wires are messed up from when the front end ripped off.

I think the ecu is not getting the correct signal. Ignitions have a bunch of safe gaurds in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.