Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(Broke her in but cant find a filter anywhere...I've changed the oil @ 200, and 500, removed the filter and drained it then reinstalled. Now with 700 miles I,m ready to rev but not without a fresh filter and better grade of oil than the oem. Anyones dealer got the filters??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just read the " 600 Mile Service" thread and see I'm not the only one w/no filter..At least I got the part # and can start searching..

·
Registered
671 Posts
I found that when I tried to get an oil filter they didn't even have them listed yet. I used the same one from my older bike. It has the same thread and the seal is the same. It is slightly longer, which if anything, means that there will be a slight bit more oil for cooling. So if you have to change your filter and can't find the one listed. Here are the part #'s. I also know that the filter used on my D model was the same as the CBRs and some Gixxers. As long as it screws on and seals, you can used it.

16097 16097-0002 FILTER-ASSY-OIL '03 ZX6R

16097 16097-1063 FILTER-ASSY-OIL '91 ZX6D

C-Ya.....Skiv
http://www.SportbikeLinks.net
'03 ZX6r
'01 ZX6d

·
Registered
181 Posts
The dealer in my area said they should be getting them in by this coming wednesday. I don't uderstand why this are in short supply or back orderd?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The filter I bought for my bike was 16097-1070. By the way, the filter is exactly the same as the Yamaha R1.

Garry Hayes
Team Hayes Racing
2003 ZX6-RR
2002 R1 Supersport racer
2003 TTR125L pit bitch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.