Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it goin? Im new to the board (but not riding) and have some questions. I currently have an 02 R6 that Im going to sell for a new bike. I have my eye's on either an 04 CBR600RR or the 04 ZX6R. I know that I will get alot of biased answers and replys, but this is the best place to ask about the Kawi. Im not looking for cosmetic's just performance and reliability. Thanks!!!

1. Is the 37cc a noticable difference?
2. How's Kawasaki's fit and finish compared to Honda?
3. Has anyone rode the CBR back to back with the 636?
4. Is the digital display hard to see on the 636?

·
Registered
207 Posts
1. Is the 37cc a noticable difference?
yes, definitely gives you more of a kick in the pants feel

2. How's Kawasaki's fit and finish compared to Honda?
kawi's fit and finish is good, but u can't beat the honda with fit and finish.

3. Has anyone rode the CBR back to back with the 636?
no, sorry

4. Is the digital display hard to see on the 636?
not at all, i don't understand why ppl bring this up, the only problem i've noticed is not being able to tell if the fuel light is on when it's sunny out.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Since you are looking for the better performer, I would go with the 636. Reliability? Well, nobody beats Honda in that category. But that is hardly saying the 636 is unreliable. I am a Honda man so that answer is not bias.;)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
the 636 is kicking ass out there. I my self rode a f4i and didn't take to it. but thats me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Street Walker, Thanx for the quick reply. " Gives you more of a kick in the pants feel" thats what Im wanting out of a bike, but don't want to jump to a liter bike. And saying that the Kawi's fit and finish is "good" does this mean that after 5 or so years will the bike last? I have always been a Honda fan, but the RR costs 600 more then the 636 and the Kawasaki comes with alot better features. Such as Inverted forks, Radial mounted front brake, A semi floating disc, A seat cowl, And not to mention an additional 37cc. Seems like more bang for my buck. I can get a silver 04 OTD for $8000 which seems like a good deal to me. So keep the comments coming. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooop's Thank's for clearing that up :) . Damn newbie's anyway. Im registered on the R6 messagenet too and this one is a little different. Sorry!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Both bikes are very very good.

>1. Is the 37cc a noticable difference?

Yes. Especially on street riding and slow corner exits. The gearing in 6R is also a bit shorter in lower gears.

>2. How's Kawasaki's fit and finish compared to Honda?

Good. In fact I think that paint in upper fairing and tank is better in Kawi.

>3. Has anyone rode the CBR back to back with the 636?

Here's my little review, zx-6r vs. cbr600rr:
http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5501

Other info:
http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4159

>4. Is the digital display hard to see on the 636?

An analog tach is better IMHO, but the digital is okay too. And adjustable shift light helps too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I hate to admit I noticed that to on the Yamaha R1 forums.. Most of em are so squidish that it makes my stomoch turn. I'm only there because my next bike is either going to be the 10R, or the new R1. And I have a connection to get me an 2004 R1, for 9600 OTD.. So it is making it very tempting. But the people over there kill me....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze
Originally posted by CDRacingZX6R
2004 R1, for 9600 OTD
GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

*goes back to sleep*
Awww, don't say that so fast... :p For an Extra grand the new 10R might be better.. Im just waiting to see the comparos, and save enough for the down.

But even if I get an Yamaha, I'm always gonna be a kawasaki at heart so I dont know how that will work. Because I'm still gonna come here and post. :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Routa" Thanks for the excellent thread and your review. Seems like it's going to boil down to what fits me best. I do like the fact that the Kawasaki has the better midrange out of corners, because I mostly ride twisties and canyons. The brakes are a big plus to in that type of riding. I think you get more of a better package with the 636 for $600 less, so I think I will go with the Silver 636. Thanks for all the help guys!!! My mind could change within a month, which is when I plan on getting one, but I will post if I get the new Kawi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the new 636 come with a seat cowl or a rear seat? I have seen some with seat's and others with the cowls. And another thing, is the 04 going to be any different then the 03 besides color choices?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by Rane636
Does the new 636 come with a seat cowl or a rear seat? I have seen some with seat's and others with the cowls. And another thing, is the 04 going to be any different then the 03 besides color choices?
Yeah, like 41 said, it comes with the cowl. The seat and cowl are interchangeable.

More color choices is going to be the only main thing, I believe. There will be a thing or two here and there, but for the most part, they will just tweak any inconsistencies (if any) they had with the '03.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by CDRacingZX6R

Awww, don't say that so fast... :p For an Extra grand the new 10R might be better.. Im just waiting to see the comparos, and save enough for the down.
I'm not going out on too much of a limb here when I say that the 10R probably won't be as good, let alone better than the new R1. And, if for some odd occurrence that it is better, it certainly won't be anywhere close to $1,000 better. So, unless you just want a Kawasaki because it is a Kawasaki, the R1 is going to be your best choice by a long shot.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.