Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a track day yesterday at pocono west, had a great time and got bumped to red at the end of the day..Saw a few other zx6r's as well. Pretty sure they were both in red group (TPM) Anyway here are some pics.

·
Registered
812 Posts
That guy was very fast! He setup his trailer (amazing) next to us. Very nice guy. He's in blue group though. They didn"t seperate red/blue on 6/29.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Where is this track located?
Someone recommended this track as being close to West Point,New York

Any input on it?

·
Registered
812 Posts
It's in Poconos, PA. Exit 284 on route 80W. about 100 miles from NYC. For you it could be 130 miles or so. There are great roads by west point. The Hudson valley is amazing.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
what is an average cost for a track day there? It would be my first one ever, but I'm just looking to see what I'm getting into. Can I go with my stock tires or should I plan on buying a new set just for the track? Or is this way to vague of a question to ask...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Originally posted by rbray
what is an average cost for a track day there? It would be my first one ever, but I'm just looking to see what I'm getting into. Can I go with my stock tires or should I plan on buying a new set just for the track? Or is this way to vague of a question to ask...
your first time you need to take the ART Basic class. It's $250. You need leathers, boots, gloves, backprotector. All are available to rent if you do not have them. The pace in the basic class is such that your stock tires will be fine. It's well worth the money for what you will learn!

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Ok, that's what I thought (the class that is). I wasn't planning on going straight out and ripping up the track, because I am well aware that I don't know enough to do that. I mean Tourist Trophy has the auto-brake feature, but my 6R did not come with that for some reason.[:p]

So is that $250 all inclusive, or in addition to admit to the track? Also, I probably won't be doing one until next season (due to money and time constraints), so I'll have a new set of tires (meaning not stock) at that point. I guess my big question was if I'll need an additional set. I understand that track riding can have a great impact on your tires, but if the red class won't wear them out too much that's cool too! Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
121 Posts
you won't need a spare set of tires. And yes that $250 is all inclusive. includes your day, the class, and event protection insurance. The leather rental is $50. Boots, gloves, back protector are $25 each. Hope this helps. and see you out there!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
is that a requirement on the back/spine protector?
Most places/track and groups i find it to be optional.
not that having one on is a bad thing.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey I was there too! I saw your bike Kennedy. Maybe you remember another 03 in silver and black with green alien head stickers on it just down from you in the paddock? It says WCW on it. Ozan was next to my truck and trailer with his group. We got to hook up next time. I was in red that day but got bumped to Blue. Anybody going to Pocono for FUSA on the 28th?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by Greenvetter
Hey I was there too! I saw your bike Kennedy. Maybe you remember another 03 in silver and black with green alien head stickers on it just down from you in the paddock? It says WCW on it. Ozan was next to my truck and trailer with his group. We got to hook up next time. I was in red that day but got bumped to Blue. Anybody going to Pocono for FUSA on the 28th?
Yep... Greenvetter rides mean :) it was nice meeting you. I might be doing the 28th at Pocono. I probably will be @ beaaverun in August as well.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
do any of you guys have a tarck schedule for these tracks?
hoping they may have something available in October..as that is when i will be in the area.
will be coming from the west coast....
also when is riding season pretty much over?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
do any of you guys have a tarck schedule for these tracks?
hoping they may have something available in October..as that is when i will be in the area.
will be coming from the west coast....
also when is riding season pretty much over?
Season i susually over October early November. This is who I run with, so you can check their schedule. www.teampromotion.com

·
Registered
414 Posts
Greenvetter, do you frequent WCW? They do all the suspension setups for my shop! Ron is awesome
Full,
I'm in there all year long. They are excellent! Papa John and Ron did the suspension set up and fork rebuild on my bike. I put WCW stickers on my bike because he gives me some great deals on things and has been a huge help in getting me on the track.

What does your shop specialize in? I've seen some of your posts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.