Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

636 Representing at Pocono West

2K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Kennedy 
#1 ·
Did a track day yesterday at pocono west, had a great time and got bumped to red at the end of the day..Saw a few other zx6r's as well. Pretty sure they were both in red group (TPM) Anyway here are some pics.

See less See more
#8 ·
what is an average cost for a track day there? It would be my first one ever, but I'm just looking to see what I'm getting into. Can I go with my stock tires or should I plan on buying a new set just for the track? Or is this way to vague of a question to ask...

#9 ·
Originally posted by rbray
what is an average cost for a track day there? It would be my first one ever, but I'm just looking to see what I'm getting into. Can I go with my stock tires or should I plan on buying a new set just for the track? Or is this way to vague of a question to ask...
your first time you need to take the ART Basic class. It's $250. You need leathers, boots, gloves, backprotector. All are available to rent if you do not have them. The pace in the basic class is such that your stock tires will be fine. It's well worth the money for what you will learn!

#10 ·
Ok, that's what I thought (the class that is). I wasn't planning on going straight out and ripping up the track, because I am well aware that I don't know enough to do that. I mean Tourist Trophy has the auto-brake feature, but my 6R did not come with that for some reason.[:p]

So is that $250 all inclusive, or in addition to admit to the track? Also, I probably won't be doing one until next season (due to money and time constraints), so I'll have a new set of tires (meaning not stock) at that point. I guess my big question was if I'll need an additional set. I understand that track riding can have a great impact on your tires, but if the red class won't wear them out too much that's cool too! Thanks for the feedback!

#13 ·
Hey I was there too! I saw your bike Kennedy. Maybe you remember another 03 in silver and black with green alien head stickers on it just down from you in the paddock? It says WCW on it. Ozan was next to my truck and trailer with his group. We got to hook up next time. I was in red that day but got bumped to Blue. Anybody going to Pocono for FUSA on the 28th?

#14 ·
Originally posted by Greenvetter
Hey I was there too! I saw your bike Kennedy. Maybe you remember another 03 in silver and black with green alien head stickers on it just down from you in the paddock? It says WCW on it. Ozan was next to my truck and trailer with his group. We got to hook up next time. I was in red that day but got bumped to Blue. Anybody going to Pocono for FUSA on the 28th?
Yep... Greenvetter rides mean :) it was nice meeting you. I might be doing the 28th at Pocono. I probably will be @ beaaverun in August as well.

#18 ·
do any of you guys have a tarck schedule for these tracks?
hoping they may have something available in October..as that is when i will be in the area.
will be coming from the west coast....
also when is riding season pretty much over?

#19 ·
Originally posted by jdgun_13
do any of you guys have a tarck schedule for these tracks?
hoping they may have something available in October..as that is when i will be in the area.
will be coming from the west coast....
also when is riding season pretty much over?
Season i susually over October early November. This is who I run with, so you can check their schedule. www.teampromotion.com

#20 ·
Greenvetter, do you frequent WCW? They do all the suspension setups for my shop! Ron is awesome
Full,
I'm in there all year long. They are excellent! Papa John and Ron did the suspension set up and fork rebuild on my bike. I put WCW stickers on my bike because he gives me some great deals on things and has been a huge help in getting me on the track.

What does your shop specialize in? I've seen some of your posts.

#22 ·
Originally posted by Greenvetter

Full,
I'm in there all year long. They are excellent! Papa John and Ron did the suspension set up and fork rebuild on my bike. I put WCW stickers on my bike because he gives me some great deals on things and has been a huge help in getting me on the track.

What does your shop specialize in? I've seen some of your posts.
Papa John and Ron are great!!!

My shop does a lot of paint, powdercoat, chrome, basic maintenance, upgrades, and custom plastic work. I am a track addict, so it's ironic I depend on squids to earn a living! We have about 5 guys that run track days faithfully, and next year, my shop is going to sponsor a few local racers.

See ya at the track! I'll look for the WCW stickers! Can't miss me, ORANGE BABY!

#23 ·
Originally posted by mike574
fullthrottle cool pic. That is me following you there in that pic #574 that sesion was one of my best of the day I was chaseing you for at least 5 laps that 636 of yours is fast.
I was looking for you after that session! That was some good dicing we had going!! Didn't you get me on the brakes on one of the turns? Look forward to some more battles with you!

#24 ·
I think I got you into turn 3. I was a little faster then you into 10 and got a run on you a few times and was able to show you a wheel then you just motor on by me, and I was not good enuf on the brake to get you into one. I finally got a good run on you in 10 and got you by 3. I wanted to talk to you to b/c I wanted to know if I actuly got the good drive out of 1 or did you let me by. After i past you we got the checked flag and I felt like I won. We were move through traffic pretty well.

Oh and thanks for my new desk top pic.

#25 ·
mike574 & fullthrottle...will be seeing you guys come the 1st week in October...will be stationed at West Point...
Fullthrottle i Also have some wheels for powder coating as i have a track day set and a street set for the 2005 ZX6R,
anyway you do specials on bodywork?
need to finish up my track day set-up with some sharkskins upper and lowers. would like to throw some business your way if interested.

Also you have a hook up for a painter?
let me know...PM's are fine

#26 ·
Originally posted by jdgun_13
mike574 & fullthrottle...will be seeing you guys come the 1st week in October...will be stationed at West Point...
Fullthrottle i Also have some wheels for powder coating as i have a track day set and a street set for the 2005 ZX6R,
anyway you do specials on bodywork?
need to finish up my track day set-up with some sharkskins upper and lowers. would like to throw some business your way if interested.

Also you have a hook up for a painter?
let me know...PM's are fine
JD, I'd also like to hook up with you one day and talk. I am of Turkish origin and miss there. We might have some stuff to talk about (unless you're fed up of Turkey already :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.