Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It varies a from test to test, a lot from what I've seen, however the best I've seen stock was 107.8 can't recall at what rpm though.
Regardless, it's far and away the most out of all the "600's"

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Lowest I've seen in a 2003 shootout is 101.3.... highest was 109+ hp. I talked to the guys at a local shop who have dyno'd 2 this year and both got readings over 110! The same dyno saw a buddy's RR Kawi go around 105hp with some significant mods and a custom map. There's no shortage, put it that way.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got 105 with a hindle. Friend of mine dynoed the next day (More humidity) with a micron. He only got 103. I saw a stock 636 get a 103 the same day I got mine done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
motolappa don't forget that you should be able to squeeze out just a little more hp with the air intake.

·
Registered
671 Posts
with 600 miles on the bike, I dynoed 101.3 @ 12,500. I now have almost 4K on the odometer, and am going to dyno it again soon before I get the pipe, pcIII and what ever else I can find. Mine is still stock with the exception of the air valve removed and the airbox sealed. I will post when I get it done, hopefully this week. I also got a spare stock pipe that I cut down about 5" and mostly gutted, I might run once with that to see if there is any gains or loss. I can say that it is loud! and obnoxious.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had mine dynoed last week. Its totally stock at this point (as far as the engine is concerned). The bike made 102.1 (this is corrected for altitude and atmospheric conditions). The guy running the dyno said he always gets 6-8 HP less than the magazines.

I think the magazines get primo examples of the bikes. The manufacturers all want to have glowing reports and hedge their bets by giving the best prepped bike to the reviewers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They had a dyno at Mid-Ohio yesterday and they had a 636 listed on their board at 115.9 HP. I didn't get to see them run it on the dyno so I'm not sure what all it had, if any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.