Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything i've read compares the 636 to 7-class performance. has anyone seen the specs for the new gsxr-750. how do you think it will compare?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by swjohnsey
With the new radial brakes and inverted forks I suspect they will be just about like a 636 but with about 25 more hp.
And with MUCH worse looks than a 636... [V]

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I got my bike because of how comfortable and definitely for how it looked. Even if ducati's were cheap I still wouldn't own one. I like my 6r way better than any ducati but that's just me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A friend of mine bought an 03 Gixxer 750 shortly after I got my 636. I rode his, and it definitely has a bit more pull. If the 04 is to be improved, it will pull away from our 636's, but not by much. I do know that his 750 feels more like a tourer compared to our 'race' like bikes.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the Gix 750 has had inverted forks and radially mounted brakes for quite some time now.

Also, anyone notice how the 04 Gix 600's and 750's tail end look more like the 636 and RR? Does this have anything to do with Kawasaki's and Suzuki's merger? Is it a race only merger? Cause it looks like the 04 Gix's borrowed some of the designing ques of the Kawa 600's.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Originally posted by drumannewman
hey samps could you expand on this kawi suzuki merger i havent heard a word about it? thanks[?]
They are designing some dirtbikes together, but I think that's about it.

Who wants a gixxer with kawa sticker anyway:D.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider
The 750 has more power everywhere, but not enough to run circles around the 636. It sure would be an interesting race though
This guy hit the nail on the head. I have both bikes. 2000 750 and a 03 636. Both bikes are great bikes. The 750 is faster in every catagory. But, the 636 puts up a good fight until about 100 mph or so, then the 750 starts to pull hard and out of sight. The 750's topend is better that most liter bikes. Not the 1000! Here is a list of why I like the 750 better. Better suspension, more power, better seat, steering dampner, proven bulletproof engine/bike, reliable, cheap parts, runs with the liter bikes,excellent stunt bike. Reasons why I like the 636 excellent throttle response and FI system, more comfortable riding position, nimble/light weight, quick steering, good stunt bike. If anyone says that a 636 is faster that a 750 they are feeding you a crock of $hit. However the 636 is a excellent bike, thats why I have one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Wintermute
Originally posted by drumannewman
hey samps could you expand on this kawi suzuki merger i havent heard a word about it? thanks[?]
They are designing some dirtbikes together, but I think that's about it.

Who wants a gixxer with kawa sticker anyway:D.
That is exactly right. It's to help with parts and shipping costs. If both kawasaki split the bill and ship loads of both brand bikes together, the cost is cut in half and big savings for both. All design teams remain the same. Kawasaki is completely different than suzuki. Only thing they will share is some cost burdens, etc. And as far as I can tell, nothing on the design side will be partnered at all.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by swjohnsey
I guess if we were worried about looks we would all be riding Ducatis. Too bad they are so slow and so expensive.
Well if looks of the bike would be the most important thing in a bike for me, I certainly would not even think about newer Ducatis. 749 & 999 are fugly. And Multistrada is beyond words... [xx(]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah glad someone caught that. The previous two generation 750 Gixxers have had USD forks. And there's very little in a straight line between my 636 with an Akrapovic and my cousin's 2001 750 Gixxer with a Hindle - trust me we've done it MANY times. We're identical weights and riding experience. Seems once I switched to synthetic and the bike was completely broken in I'm able to stay right on his heels in a straight line. Up on the VERY top, he pulls a little more, but through the gears the bikes are actually not all that far apart...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.