Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you lucky 636 owners, I have a question for you. I just bought a '96 900RR. Don't worry I still have my '97 6R (although it currently needs repairs). I'm curious about how the RR compares to the 636.

And yes, I love it! It's got custom paint, steering stabilizer, ss brake lines front and rear, full arrow system, jet kit, and down one tooth in front. I practically stole it for $4800 including a nice pitbull rear stand, bike cover and a few other odds and ends.

Anyway, I know that's it's ancient compared to the new bikes and I want to know about power wheelies. I've been on it only a few times so far, but I found that on wide open throttle the front end just lifts right up at about 7k. Sweet feeling after having to close/open the 6R! I haven't tried to wheelie it in second yet.

To compare power, torque, whatever: does the 636 and other new 600's wheelie just on WOT?

Also for anyone that knows, I found out the carbs are out of synch. When I get them synched will it wheelie easier/better?

Just to reassure everyone, I'm NOT abandoning my zx6r. I simply added another sheep to the fold (I also have an old gs700es).

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know you guys can't be hating on me just 'cuz I own a honda. Nobody ever cared about the gs700es in my garage. Sniff, sniff. I am starting to feel unloved. I said I was keeping the ninja.

sniffle, sniffle, I only bought what I could afford. You all know that the '96 9r weighs a gazillion pounds and I wanted a liter bike.

c'mon 636 guys, you're always bragging about your bikes (and rightly so) tell me about the power wheelies on wot

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
well let's see......I just happen to ride with a 1998 900RR and a 2003 636......so aren't you lucky, I've seen them both in action. Anyway, the RR is a powerful bike for sure, but the 636 is no slacker. My 6R can keep up fine with the 636 and I even pull away from him after 140-150 with all the work I have done to my bike. Either way, the 636 wheelies pretty easy and so does mine but I use the bounce method and I actually bounce it twice for serious "spring" off the ground. As far as WOT wheelies......I haven't ever had one yet......throw a little bit of clutch in with the first gear takeoff from a standstill and it'll raise up fine but not just from throttle alone. The carb synch won't help a whole lot with wheelies. But the bike will feel stronger.
And by the way, don't feel like a traitor or anything. I would've bought a 9R (or waited for the new 10R) myself, but I have always said that the Honda 929RR is the most attractive Japanese sportbike out there! ;)

- Jon

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have a '03 636 with 2 xtra teeth in the rear i weigh only 70kg but mine full tank of gas will power wheelie in first no problems at about 6-7 rpm's and only a little bounce on the pegs for 2nd gear stand ups

·
Registered
196 Posts
My bike wheelies 1st no problem, 6-7k, little bounce and WOT. Second goes pretty good too, a good bounce and around 9k. I know it will do third if my technique was better. I am no stunt guy and my bike is all stock. Later. KP

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey klp, saw you were from quincy and figured you might want to go riding?get your bike at south shore?i worked there all summer.
sorry for off topic.

( i ride a blue 03 636 its at the shop almost everyday)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey 636 Geek, whatup?? U know, I would roll with you but I ride a Red one and I heard the Blue are pretty doggish. So u might have some troubles. Dig?? Later Brett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.