Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I'm trying to figure why my rear tyre has scrubbed out the center quite quickly , it's done 3k miles of normal riding and I service the chain every 3 to 4 hundred miles ie clean and re oil , the last service that Done I noticed the chain a little slack so i bought a motion pro alignment tool and proceeded to re tighten the chain to book spec.
The wheel alignment from swing arm markings is about 4 mm out , the bike rides fine but when I look down the center from the rear it appears the wheel camber is off ie leaning slightly top right , is this normal ??? Meaning set like that to compensate for shock offset , please can someone shed any light on this please .
Thanks

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Don't forget for an equal number of turns you spend more time going left than right...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
I don't know how to post pics ? I've tried looking for info but can't find it .
The tyre is roadsmart and I will switch to pr3 when it's fully worn out .

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I love the pr3. Very nice in wet weather. Another thing that will impact a tire is how you use the brakes. If you are hard on the brakes and throttle it kills a tire faster. Some people only use rear brake and that will cause the rear tire to wear faster.
Are you using an app or the original forum format?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
I'm posting from the web site on my iPhone if this helps , I'm ok about the tyre wear but what I find weird is when the bikes on a paddock stand and you look straight down the rear the wheel seems to be at an angle ie leaning over at the top of the tyre , this is why I ask about camber as I've set the wheel and chain up this seems a little off , I'm wondering if this is common on these bikes

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hi
I'm posting from the web site on my iPhone if this helps , I'm ok about the tyre wear but what I find weird is when the bikes on a paddock stand and you look straight down the rear the wheel seems to be at an angle ie leaning over at the top of the tyre , this is why I ask about camber as I've set the wheel and chain up this seems a little off , I'm wondering if this is common on these bikes
That does seem a bit odd. How many miles on the bike? Has it been crashed? If it's been crashed your frame might be tweaked. If it has high miles your swing arm bearings might be going out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ride PR3's as well, and can vouch it is a great tire if you log lots of miles. As for even wear, mine has 5500 on the rear now and I expect to get at least 9k out of it if not more.

If it is visually looks out of line, it probably is. I wonder also if it has been down and bent a swingarm or frame.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
I got the bike from new , it's never been dropped or crashed as far as I know it had about 2 miles on it when it turned up as these were PDI miles ( pre delivery inspection ) I guess this isn't normal , guess I'd better take it back to the dealer .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts