Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just a quick question. I work away from home from time to time I've been gone for a month and my kawi 650r seems to be dead. I put the key in turn it the dashboard lights and the mph pins move like normal. but when i hit the fuel injector switch I hear no noise and it don't start. This has happened twice to me. I was told to charge it. I have it on a slow charger for 1 1/2 days still no start this time. i do have a scorpion alarm on it, could this be eating my battery power.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
take the battery to pep boys and they'll let you know if it's still good and give you a free charge if it is.

if not, time to replace

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
If its been a month then yea it might be the battery. If you plan to leave the bike like that again in the future you should get a battery tender.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would start with the battery tender. If there is still a problem then I would try disabling the alarm and see if the problem continues. When I worked for Ford I ran into many problems with people's aftermarket alarm systems causing not only battery drain but other wierd electrical problems such as locks, windows, gauges, ignition, etc. It's amazing the amount of people that have a high school kid install an aftermarket accesory then bring their vehicle to the dealer saying there is a warranty repair needed when it causes a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts