Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea which race bodywork tucks up the tightest to give added ground clearance?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for more clearance over OEM so I can get the bike lower for drag racing & still meet our 2" clearance rule.

·
Registered
206 Posts
How much is your bike lowered and what tires are you using? If I get that info I can take some measurements of my bike with the Sharkskinz and see if the bodywork will work for you as is. If it isn't going to work without modifying, I can figure out how much clearance there is if you don't mind working with fiberglass.

Gary M
www.bmgracing.com
CCS SW AM #28
'03 Kawi ZX636R
'00 Duc 748R

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Using OEM tires and bike is currently lowered approx 3-3.5" front & rear.

If you have a chance I would like to see a pic of how close your bodywork is to the header & rear linkage. That's where I have excess room, I think, to bring the body closer vs OEM.

·
Registered
206 Posts
OK, here's what I got.
After considering the differences in our tire diameters, there would be 4.75 in clearance to the ground on the front and 5.5 inches in the rear.
Inside the fairings, there's 1 inch clearance to the shock linkage, not including the 2 zerk fittings which extend down about .25 inches. Then, there's 1.75 inches to the oil drain screw and to the headers, there is 1.25 inches. Although it would be cutting it close, it looks like you can make the 2 inch minimum by hacking off the bottom inch or so. Also, I measured to the stock headers which have about a .25 inch tall flange welded to the bottom of them. Maybe someone who has the same headers as you can check what clearance they have.
Hope this helps you out.
Oh yea, sorry- no pics tonite. My roomate took off with my digital camera for the weekend.

Gary M
www.bmgracing.com
CCS SW AM #28
'03 Kawi ZX636R
'00 Duc 748R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.