Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing my 7000 sevice on my 02 they want to charge about almost 500 for the full service which includes valves adjustment spark plug the whole 9, well i told my mechanich to do just the valves and will do the oil and the cooland adjust the chain my self. hes gonna charge me around 250. can i get by just doing the valves or should i pay for the whole thing.. if u have done the valves let me now please.. i need answers.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Just have them do the valves since that is the only thing you probably don't know how to do on your own. You can do the rest yourself while making sure it is done right and save $250 in the process.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
where did you take it to? try andy marcer from metric motorcyles. he went to race tech school and is the only here in houston. does good work, i think he quoted me $150, not completely sure of it was for the carb adjustemnt or valves.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
250 for valve ajustment?? that good. I payed 100 buck just for nine shims.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by arturo3rd
where did you take it to? try andy marcer from metric motorcyles. he went to race tech school and is the only here in houston. does good work, i think he quoted me $150, not completely sure of it was for the carb adjustemnt or valves.
i took it to texas city cycle where i bought my bike. i know that they would charged me less since theyre located in the country and all.. usually other kawasaki dealership charge 150 to 200 just to do your regular maintanance.this place only charges 90 to do my regular maintance so i figure i save some money( i do my regular maintnance) the kawasaki here in the city are rip off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.