Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've searched and read several threads about either raising the rear or raising the forks to compensate for a 70 front.

I recently put Pilot Powers on, with a 70 front.

I haven't adjusted, and find that the ride now is a lot nicer than before. Has anyone who put a 70 on front noticed anything negative so far?

Also, can anyone give feedback on the 70 front leaving as is, AND adjusting to compensate?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I went to Diablos and have a 70 front without compensation. I haven't noticed anything crazy, but I also don't ride too hard around here.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Every manufacturer has different diameters in the same profile tire. If you change from one to the other, a 165 may actually be bigger than a 170. Don't worry about it. If it seems to turn slow ( and give it a month ) then you can change the suspension.

the only way you know is to actually measure the circumference of the tire.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I too went from a 65 series BT-014 to a 70 series Pilot Power and I feel a noticeable inprovement. I had already raised the forks up in the triple clapm prior to the tire swap but haven't adjusted after. I most likely won't.

·
Registered
439 Posts
got a 70 qualifier on my 04 and I took it to the track 2 days after I mounted it. NO PROBLEMS. Feels more stable in a straight line... maybe a little slow in the turn but nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I could have added a little bit to my original post.

I actually find the bike turns in quicker, and feels more comfortable just riding. However, that may be due to new tires? I will ride it out and then try changing the forks or raising the rear.

Thanks everyone for the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.