Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up, it need some work, and I need to know a few things:

1) It has a UNI foam filter in the air box (not pods), do I need to rejet? I live at 5,000 ft

2)I found that the main jet was a 118 (california model), not a 112 (49 state model according to haynes). Is this for the filter, or was my bike a cali bike. I did not find the charcoal canister under the seat, not sue if it was taken out. How can I tell if it was a cali bike?

3) I have the haynes, but anyone know where there is the factory manual online?

4) anyone else drop in zx7 cams?

5) when the exhaust and intake arrows line up on the cam gears, is the pointer on the ign rotor right on the T, or a little farther away? Mine did not line up, wondering if it is off by a tooth.

6) any must do mods for this bike?

thanks

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Pistol- what year is it? Cali models also have a different CDI (-5 degrees of ignition, boooo). I just put my old jets in storage and I don't remember what sizes were stock on my Cali '2000. That filter won't make enough of difference alone to need a rejet, full exhaust will. I can't remember with the markings on the ign rotor either (its been a hot minute).

Whitehendrix take it from here...

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
amen. ythe cams are non-adjustable, and are a whore to degree.. unless you buy the $180 Muzzy adjustable cam gear set, (and can install it!!) i'd let the stockies there. they're uber aggressive. some gixxer guys are throwing in another intake cam where the exhaust would reside and getting a shitload of horses out of it after degreeing, but then again.. you gotta have adjustablility. the LSA, duration and height i'm sure differ from te zook bumpsticks.

as far as the T and F marks, if it runs, don't worry about it. it might have been been at
TDC on another cylinder.. the cam marks have to line up across the top of the head in order to gauge timing.

i know where online manuals are, but thats a big No-No here, as they frown upon copyright infringment.

but i don't.. Pm me if need be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts