Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got a 88 ninja 600, its my first bike, i love the feel of the bike, although it is a little heavy. Im not satisfied with the look of the bike, i plan on keeping the bike for a while, since the insurance is so cheap, and i cant afford anything new, but im wondering if any fairings are interchangeable, or is there any sort of work that can be done to change the appearence of the bike. I know its a bit of a newbie question. Someone help me out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well, if you're interested in alternatives to interchanging fairings, you could try making it into a naked bike. I have the same bike and that's what I'm doing with mine. without fairings you can mount the front signals onto the fairing mounts towards the bottom of the frame, get a headless screw with the same thread and you should be able to switch it out with the original attachment for the signals so they'll mount closer in and not drag. For the headlight you can rig a bar across the front fairing mounts by the instruments and bolt some round bottom mount headlights to it, then you just gotta figure out the back, I still used the rear fairing just to make mounting easy, But i'm sure you can figure something out. If you don't like the naked bike look, check into zx600's up through 95, they're pretty similar, so you may be able to interchange parts, I haven't tried, but that's your best bet, pre-88 was a bit different model and after 95 they changed a lot again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.