Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new one that I did with a borrowed copy of Premier. I know the forward footage is terrible, due to a sophisticated but ineffective duct tape and towel mounting system.

http://www.exackley.com/movies/PacificTrackDay9-24-2003.wmv

4:30, 35MB, Windows Media 9 format

I've also posted my still shots at http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/b?KEY=23&ACCOUNT=11598

DRB, you were pitted right across from me and I kept meaning to come over and say hi, but it seemed like when I was in you were out and vise-versa.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rob!

Hmm... I might be able to do that. It's a fairly painstaking process, especially since I'm just learning. But I know you've got some cool footage that would be fun to work with. How much footage do you have? Do you have music in mind or would you want me to pick something?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have not yet gotten the footage from my last track day. I was afraid it would not be easy; do not worry about it.

Do any riders crash into the hillsides at that track?

·
Registered
132 Posts
More than a month late to the party, I bid you good day, Lee. When the weather turns in the Pac NW, I park the bikes for five to six months, often scaling way back on moto-forums as well. And look at the good thread I missed: damn.

Guess I should donate dough to watch the videos. I’m quite curious. Let’s file that under “maybe.”

Those Enumclaw Suzuki days are remarkable. Some dislike the lack of structure (open forum). I love it. An advantage is the tremendous amount of track time. A disadvantage is becoming stuck in a “rut” due to lack of instruction: I firmly believe serious improvement only comes from expert instruction. However, plenty of track time builds confidence, a necessary foundation.

As reported in a track day post to this forum, my buddy Jamin and I pitted to be joined by Mike, one of Jamin’s buddies, a WMRRA novice on an F3. A young man with jeans and sneakers sort of adopted our pit, as well: he rode his black-red ’98 Gixxer 750 quite well, leading me to believe he’s a “natural” with plenty more fun in his future, provided he buys some decent gear and survives the next couple seasons.

Highlights were good riding, Jamin’s buddy Mike drilling in his F3 right behind me exiting Turn 3 then getting up and continuing on without any bitching(!), and dicing it up with a guy on an F4i I work with. Didn’t know Mr. F4i would be there, and he’s fairly fast.

I don’t remember those pitted across from us, though I must have wandered over at least a couple times. Seems I met a lot of guys due to my Herculiner bodywork (love it or hate it). While rather gruff, I’m always interested to talk bikes. I look forward to discussion at the next Enumclaw day (or sooner, if there are earlier events) starting c. May 2004.

Jamin drilled in hard at Portland less than a week after the Enumclaw day, trouncing his ’02 R1 for the second time in 2003. Guess I posted about that earlier, in the Track Riding section. That’s one less track pal for 2004, unfortunately: I doubt he’ll be able to ride much in 2004.

Got my eye on a new Sony camera due out before Christmas. It uses microdrives for storage and supposedly shoots decent movies, too. Might have to see if it’ll make an acceptable onboard camera for 2004: feasible or pie-in-the-sky, I’m not sure yet.

Do guys crash into the hillside? Oh definitely. On a few memorable occasions riders have flown into the trees. I once observed them extracting a bike from a tree downslope from where it exited the track. That’s not a common occurrence, thankfully, but I suppose the hills are a bit of a distraction. PR’s fun because of piss-poor sightlines in the back S’s, elevation changes, and wonky pavement transitions. While annoying, in a sense, these are challenges to overcome.

-=DRB=-

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRB: I hear you. I thought I was hardcore, but my bike has been mostly parked the last couple of months. The weather has just been too bad. I also haven't been coming back to this forum as much.

You probably hit exackley.com when he was having bandwidth issues... that's resolved for now. Donations are welcome, but they are by no means required!

Regarding crashes at PR: Here's a diagram of a little get-off I had on that last track day -- http://www.exackley.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=495

The bike sustained some (more) cosmetic damage, but I was fine, thankfully. Had myself a nice little lesson in keeping the ego in check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.