Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's lowered, probably lengthened. Still impressive, but much more if the suspension hadn't been f*cked over, and it could still turn.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ITZ ON A 1/4 MILE TRACK.....NOT MANY TURNS THERE![:M50]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats not hard to run on a stock motor he's slammed to the ground, I'm running 3" ground clearance and pulling those kindof times.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I understand that, but I've seen a few guys I ride with personally running 9.5's with stock suspension (height anyways), and nothing more than a filter, full system, and PCIII. It's alot easier to get good times when the bike doesn't wanna flip over on you at the launch. Sorry, not to shit on the drag racer parade, do what you like, I just prefer a bike that will accel like that and turn.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You guys dont watch much tv do ya...

That is Ricky Gadson and that is a bone stock 10R, nothing more than being lowered running 9.3's. He is one of the best racers in the US and I seriously doubt many out there are running 9.8's much less 9.5's and then going out the twisties.

You are talking about running 9.5's with mods, he did a 9.3 on a bone stock bike only lowered. The guy flat out knows how to ride.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by ted_garlock
I understand that, but I've seen a few guys I ride with personally running 9.5's with stock suspension (height anyways), and nothing more than a filter, full system, and PCIII. It's alot easier to get good times when the bike doesn't wanna flip over on you at the launch. Sorry, not to shit on the drag racer parade, do what you like, I just prefer a bike that will accel like that and turn.
Yes that is Rickey.... But as for you ^^^...NO-ONE you ride with is running 9.5's stock height.... ima have to call [:M15]

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by JaseDawg27
Thats not hard to run on a stock motor he's slammed to the ground, I'm running 3" ground clearance and pulling those kindof times.
[:M15][:M42]

·
Registered
60 Posts
how would u know if the suspension been F''ked over, my bike is the lower to and i can still rape have of ya'll suppose to rider all day everyday circle track or drag stripe on a bone stock zx9 pimp
Originally posted by ted_garlock
It's lowered, probably lengthened. Still impressive, but much more if the suspension hadn't been f*cked over, and it could still turn.

·
Registered
60 Posts
if there is a pc111 on the bike then it no longer stock. So slap yourself and shut your mouth. And give the man his prop's. Dam Life aint easy when you make it hard DODO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys; video been around for about two years; I believe it was Norman Jackson or Ryan Schnitz... both prostar racers in any case...what I remember it is lowered strapped ; stock wheelbase, mr9 racing fuel; pc3 and aftermarket filter, sticky tire with low pressure, geared low...

surprised you folks had not seen it.. the guy is an artist at the clutch.. lots of dyno time and the racing fuel helps quite a bit I figure .. could have other tricks him being a pro...still a good video to try to learn from...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If your running those kind of times...show me your slip...i can gurantee i got my times to prove....If your not a pro.. Ill rape you at the track... And yes... On my 9!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyws6
You guys dont watch much tv do ya...

That is Ricky Gadson and that is a bone stock 10R, nothing more than being lowered running 9.3's. He is one of the best racers in the US and I seriously doubt many out there are running 9.8's much less 9.5's and then going out the twisties.

You are talking about running 9.5's with mods, he did a 9.3 on a bone stock bike only lowered. The guy flat out knows how to ride.
What's the real deal on that vid? SneakyWS6 is sure it's Ricky Gadson on a BONE STOCK bike, and salsa1 says it's Norman Jackson or Ryan Schnitz and the bike is lowered & strapped with mr9 racing fuel, pc3 aftermarket filter, sticky tire with low pressure, and low gearing. Two very different stories....I'd be curious to know what mods the bike really has, if any.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep you are correct that is Norman Jackson!
Originally posted by salsa1
Hi guys; video been around for about two years; I believe it was Norman Jackson or Ryan Schnitz... both prostar racers in any case...what I remember it is lowered strapped ; stock wheelbase, mr9 racing fuel; pc3 and aftermarket filter, sticky tire with low pressure, geared low...

surprised you folks had not seen it.. the guy is an artist at the clutch.. lots of dyno time and the racing fuel helps quite a bit I figure .. could have other tricks him being a pro...still a good video to try to learn from...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive watched that video over and over again!Its cool how he gets that bike out of the hole pinning the throttle and sliding that clutch! Bad ass MOFO right there!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by KawBoy81

Yes that is Rickey.... But as for you ^^^...NO-ONE you ride with is running 9.5's stock height.... ima have to call [:M15]
Hey, it's not me runnin the times. I got a best of 10.3 on jason's 10R (the guy runnin the 9's), and a 10.8 on my old 636. He's nowhere near stock though. Filter, custom map PCIII, some airbox mod, Boz full system. Oh, BTW, he kicks my ass in the twisties too. I meant nothing agains the racer initially shown, Sorry. I am just getting pretty sick of seeing the same lame ass drag racing threads on here. Go get a 14 if you wanna drag, they don't handle like a 10 anyway, and are more comfy.

edit, forgot to mention it's geared with a 520 chain. And an 05. And ohlins suspension with a GPR stabilizer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.