Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am a newbie. I took a MSF BRC course and got my license. It probably consisted of 4hrs real riding time. I then practiced on a 454 ltd for 1 hour and had 2 additional hours practice on a Suzuki GZ250 and final another 2 hours on my own true bike (drum roll please) a 2010 Ninja 650R.

This bike has real power everyone who says they need a more powerful bike to start with are crazy(includes me). I truly think its more bike then one possibly can think of.

I love the bike though. I am only acclimating myself to friction zone, 1st gear riding and shifting to 2nd and third. Stops and properly using turn signals.

At this point I honestly can say I will need 50 to 100 hours before I can truly be comfortable with the bike.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice bike, they have plenty of speed to have fun with...or get you into trouble. Stay safe and ride on!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree. Also love the passing power on highways. The only reason I'll consider a super sport in the future would be for longer first and second gears. It's a slight pain in stop and go traffic with short gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts