Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How important is the first service
one day i look and i have 400 mi on the bike so i say ok almost time for the first service .
Yesterday i look and there is 900 mi on the bike now and i havent got the service yet.
is this bad not to have gotten the service by now?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Wow, get your service done asap, bro. New engines release metal deposits that get into your oil resevoir. It's usually drained out with the 400 mile oil change. You shouldn't be in BIG trouble, but this is an important time in your bike's life! ;)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
cant be to bad 2000 miles on my bike still have not done 1st service LOL. I am about to change the oil today myself. i hate working ont he bike i always think i am going to break somthing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't feel like you have to take it to the dealer to get the first service done. I contacted the Kawasaki reps in California and they said that as long as I feel that I am a competent mechanic then that is all that matters, do all the required checks from the manual and you'll be fine. They basically said that whatever my dealer had been telling me was a bunch of crap.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I didn't get my first service done until around 1500 miles and I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) so I think you'll be fine. But, the sooner you get it done the better...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.