Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always a good feeling when you burn a really expensive car, kind of like a fine wine. As for him catching you lol maybe when you top out after a while he would start to kreep up to his 305kmph top speed but by then you would had to stop for gas and piss anyway.

"Speed kills, but atleast you get there faster."

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
why the heck is that? i always have to piss after riding my bike for a while! what is it the vibration or the position or something?

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, the vibration rocks the hell out of your intestines! Riding that bike for an hour or two straight is like riding in a car for 6 hours without stopping. But ten times the fun! The more I read in this forum, the more I realize that it is useless to try to race a cage and consider it a race. What the hell is the point. No matter how much money they have in it, they almost never win. Think about it, if you take a Mustang GT, and soup it up enough to be able to beat a bike, he is almost going to be too scared to race you for fear that he will break something expensive on his. That is the greatest thing about bikes, they are relatively cheap to maintain and fix.:D

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
1 Posts
I pulled out of the Bike shop and right behind a 911 turbo, nice... So I followed him to the highway. Love those cars... Just wanted to look at it and... maybe get into a little trouble. he he... Traffic was to bad to play, so I weaved through trafic around him and after a few miles exited the highway. I of coarse looked in my mirrow and what do you know... I was following me now. he he, look'n.. for.. trouble... He pulled up beside me, we were first at the light. I flipped up my visor and he rolled his window down. We proceeded to tell each other what cool toys we were driving.

Well as you might guess, we both anticipated the race. Just before the light turned green he revved his engine, I’m thinking, “what ever dude”. The light turned green and the ZX6R, as you would you would expect, burned his ass… and really bad. So about a mile down the road we pulled up at the next light and talk again. He said he thought he was catching me, “yea… what ever”!

Chicago, Black 2003 ZX6R

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i don't understand why so many people don't just buy motorcycles. they all talk about how fast their car is, and how it cost them $50K to soup up, and then i show up with my $10K stock bike and leave em in the dust. if they were truly into speed, i think they'd buy a motorcycle go figure

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider

i don't understand why so many people don't just buy motorcycles. they all talk about how fast their car is, and how it cost them $50K to soup up, and then i show up with my $10K stock bike and leave em in the dust. if they were truly into speed, i think they'd buy a motorcycle go figure
Their mommies won't let them? :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
My best mate did something similar against a lada but stalled at the lights. Woops[:I]

I said i will not slag him off but hey, i lied:D:D

You only get one shot at life, so why waste it on Honda!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats somthing I dont get either about boy racers in thier cars. They seem so enthusiastic about power and performance, spend tons of money on thier cars with the hope they will beat the next guy to pull up at the lights but they dont just buy a bike! Most people I have asked said that they were too dangerous or quote "they are just too powerful" I mean come on what a bunch of pussies!

·
Registered
256 Posts
911 Turbos are fast. I raced one on the highway about two months ago. He got a jump on me and stayed about two cars ahead from 70-140 or so. We were pretty even, if we left side by side it may have been a different story. Those cars will trap around 120 MPH in the 1/4 bone stock so they are not lightweights...

2000 ZX-6R Firecracker Red

·
Registered
262 Posts
I agree with 4DRSS... those cars are fast and your story sounds a little fishy... Actually I call BS because of a number of things including your 1st post. [xx(] Don't they have all wheel drive? I would think they would have a good jump if he's not smokin his tires. Anyways just remember those cars have higher top speed anyway. If you were really racing you would of found that out in a couple of miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What?! what are you talking about? Have you ever seen a porche launch? They suck as do all cars compared to a zx6r. A bikes biggest advantage is off the line due to the power to wieght ratio. Until your zx6r tops out you will spank a porche i reckon, They just dont have the power. They run 14.5 quatre miles IF they are lucky. And I dont think they are AWD either well not that I know of. I'm sorry but if you want to kick arse get a bike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, I've seen a few 911s launch on film, the "Carrera"? is AWD and it all depends on the rider/driver. They have alot quicker time then 14s. These cars are in the 11s as well. In the comparism of the 2, unless a rider has good experience, someone with lesser experience in an exotic would have an advantage. Especially AWD. And in reality time slips are only as good as the rider on particular bike. Like I mentioned elsewhere who is going to beat a time of 9.47s in 1/4 on stock 12 with Ricky Gadson on board. Look everwhere else and the 12s time is a full second slower than his. I think if the 911 got a good hole shot without too much wheel spin it would take a 600 IMO. [:0]

·
Registered
112 Posts
911 turbos are AWD and they are scary fast...second ZX6R's will not beat every car on the road, in fact if some one pulls up to you in one of those big dog AMG Benz's just waive, because he will blow by you like you were standing still....I found out the hard way on the E-Way one night....70mph roll and that car blasted off like it was rocket powered!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would have to go with the bike burning him. Not cause it is a zx just on the fact most porsche drivers CAN"T DRIVE!! And depending on the year it was awd or rwd. I know for a fact a zx6r will take a GT2 200k porsche and rip it a new one. Did it the other day but once again i am not stock at all (4 years of riding). Unless the porsche driver had the balls to beat on his toy no way or how he will touch a bike PEROID. But once again this comes to rider and driver even a R1 with a piece of shit rider will get his ass handed to him by a porsche or supra with a so so driver!

Speed is Fun!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
The AMG Benz's are sweet, but not ball burning fast. Driven my bosses AMG SL55 and loved it, but slower than a bike. They are the same as the M series bimmers, and while both are awesome cars, they get whooped on by bikes. The 911 Turbo has a 0-60 speed of 3.9 seconds in most mags, while same mags say that a '03 6R is high 2 second range. Do the math on that one. The times get closer in the quarter mile range, but a bike pulls low 10's, while a 911 does the quarter mile in mid to high 10's. Pointless arguement, because like everyone says it depends on the driver. My boss drives his car like it a freakin' Buick.

Pickin' up my STI soon, so we will see how the bike and this bad boy compare

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree, its all about the driver, my neighbor has a 97 twin turbo, then again my neighbor is 60 and rides his porsche like its a huffy. However the all wheel drive of the porsche will put a car in a better advantage than an unexperienced rider. But in any normal circumstances, without mario andretti at the wheel or nicky hayden on the bike, the bike would burn the porsche. Also, i disagree with the AMG comment. My pops had a clk 55 for a while. All those cars have are a V8 and some bigger rims and an added 30k on the sticker price, from personal experice driving the car. If your getting blown away on a 70 mph roll then there is a problem. Do the HP to weight ratio and you will surely find out that the bike is the winner in that case. no flamming, just my opinion

D&D Carbon Fiber System
K&N Stage III Jet Kit
525 Conversion
LP Carbon Fiber Sliders
Targa Undertail& Seat Cowl
K&N Filter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.