Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike starts no problem, turn the ignition switch to the off position teh bike keeps running. Rear light acknowledges the key being turned off but the engines electronics don't. I can kill the engine with the engine off switch but the front lights and headlight remain on until the battery is dead. I've replaced the ignition switch but problem remains.
Any help is appreciated. I don't have a manual but I can purchase, just looking for a starting point.

Thanks
[email protected]

·
Powerhungry
38,045 Posts
sounds like a direct short to the ignition. backtrace all the wires coming from the igntion switch all the way from the battery. check for melted together wires. somewhere power is still being sent to the ignition control box. for now keep disconnecting the battery to prevent it from being drawn down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, looks like the trust volt meter is to be pulled out and a $20 manual is in order. I'll post if I ever figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update. The regulator connector ended up being the culprit. One of the connectors heated up and dripped solder into the regulaotr. Shorting two of the pins. Not an easy find but a cheap one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.