Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall,

New here and new to Kawasakis as well. I got this 95 ZX-6R that has been sitting since February. I changed the battery, spark plugs, fluids, and got it started. It seemed to run great at idle and even for a quick ride around the block.

When I actually took it out for a ride I noticed from first through fourth gear everytime it hits 7k rpm it has this buzzing kind of sputter. In fifth it happens at 6k rpm and by sixth I can't really hear or feel the sputter anymore but it intermittently pulses while at 80 to 90 mph.

When any of this happens if I roll on the throttle, within a second it just rolls past this. Also, if I take off on the throttle pretty hard through any of the gears it feels normal for that type of riding. It's just annoying when cruising or in stop and go traffic.

Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
356 Posts
The easiest thing to try first, is to run some gas treatment through the bike, in case one of the circuits in the carbs are partially clogged. If the bike has an aftermarket pipe, or air cleaner on it, I'd also look towards the bike not having been rejetted. First get a full tune on it, have the valves properly adjusted and carbs synched, then either dyno it, (best method) or learn about doing plug chops and noodle it out a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.