Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Zx6 E. I was wondering if anyone knew which motor I could put in that frame. I was also wondering if I could put diffenent fairings on it maby from another year. If anyone knows of somebody that I could talk to about this that would be great. The reason i ask the motor question is i cant find a 95 motor i can find some random years. I just need to know if one of them would fit. and maby if i could go for an R motor?

·
Registered
155 Posts
dont worry about getting the r motor as it is probably different. Any of the zx6e's that look like yours are gonna have the same engine. On an older entry level type 600 they arent going to change little things, they make something that works well and use it for a long time, and then totally redo the whole bike. If they do change it, the changes will be small things like cosmetic things. Most of the time they just change the carbs to help with emissions but nothing is done to the engine. The Suzuki gs500 is this way. It started out naked, got new fairings, with little tabs on the subframe and carb change, then full fairings and even newer carbs. But core parts are still the same.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The ZX-6E had the same engine and fairings from '93 to '04 or whenever they stopped making them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.