Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About three hours ago, a friend of mine called me up to go do a little night riding. We cruised around town for a while, then decided to jump on the highway and go to Cincinnati for a bit. We get on the expressway ramp right behind what looked to be a mid 90's corvette. The guy was with his wife and was going about 35mph all the way to the highway, so I get up to his bumper and he takes off like a bat out of hell, white smoke pouring out of his exhaust and everything.

Well, what could I do? I had to chase him down and show him what Kawi's are made of, right? I hit the fast lane, pulled alongside him (doing about 110mph by now) and motioned him to go faster. He pinned the throttle, unloaded more white exhaust fumes, and started pulling away. He hardly had the time to grin before I downshifted, dropped the hammer, and blew by him like he was picking up a happy meal at McDonald's pickup window.

He got off at the next exit, so I slowed down to wait on my buddy, and about three cars went by honking their horns in approval.:D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Good stuff!!

When will 'they' learn that a car just cannot touch a bike?!? (Especially the teenie boppers in their rice cars)

The truth is out there...
...its just a matter of knowing where to look.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speaking of rice cars, I got another one. Last night, I got off work and called my buddy (same guy) to go night riding again. For some weird reason, people want to race bikes more at night than daytime. Anyways, we go up to Clifton to check out this sportbike/car hangout right by Bogart's. We stayed up there for about twenty minutes, then decided to go home. Well, we get on the expressway and start heading back, which takes about twenty minutes, and right when we cross the Ohio river back into KY, this hatchback Civic with white racing stripes and coffee can exhaust goes blowing by us in the fast lane.

I will have none of that:D I quickly downshifted, caught up to him, and paced him for a few seconds. We were probably going about 90mph or so. I looked at him, and he smiled and gave me a thumbs up, so I punched it right when he did. I didn't look back or slow down for about two miles, so when I finally eased up and looked back, he was really getting on it, but way behind me. He was a good sport about it though, cause when he went by, he gave me another thumbs up through his sunroof and was grinning ear to ear. He must have a bike at home.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The best drivers, are the ones that loose with humility, i have an old crappy supra, and i'll grin at bikers and race em, and i fully expect to get smoked.. and i always do, but it's fun for both. if only everyone would be so nice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I guess I'm a lil biased cuz I also have a vette but I have seen some cars hang with bikes and have seen vids of a LPE TT piss on a busa. I love my bike and I know there fast but there are some cars out there that do run very well!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.