Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take it back to the shop

theres obviously something very wrong with it..

The bike is designed to have the tubes there.

Its more likely a fueling/jetting problem by the sounds of things
than a air problem btw.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i'd get some carb cleaner and clean the carb jets to see if this makes a difference...
when does the boost kick in...? rpm / speed...try different gears/rpm to see what difference this makes

i remember some ppl modifying the air box on the f model..but can't find any details atm...(although i would recommend it personally)

like andrew B says...take it back to the shop and get them to look at it

·
Registered
63 Posts
well, I just recently got my bike back from the shop and have attempted to ride it for the first time ever. My problem is that w/ the Air Ram tubes on the bike, it totally runs like shit. The throttle response is not smooth whatsoever and the bike feels like its starving for air. When I hammer it, it doesn't kick until it hits a certain rpm in which it boosts the bike like turbo or something. However, when I take off the tubes, it runs flawless. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be? Will it be better if I just leave the tubes off or Can I improve the performance if I solved the problem? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
There is a vacuum switch that is located under the fuel tank, up near the steer tube. It is on a plastic bracket that attaches to the two tubes that go to the PAIR valves on the cam cover. This switch controls how the float bowls on the carbs are vented. Part of the time they are vented to the airbox. If this switch is disconnected or not functioning it will cause the type of problem you describe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, the carbs were definately cleaned when I had the bike dialed and tuned-in. I would take it back to the shop, but I don't think they had anything to do with the problem because I rode the bike home w/o the tubes and it ran fine. It's just when I put them back on at home that I realized I had a problem.

Sw- I will take a look at the switch later. Hopefully that is the answer. If it isn't, would the bike have any problems if I just leave them off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.