Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was riding around and it was around 85-90 ambient temp outside. the bike would do fine just cruising around but when I started to get into stop and go traffic the temps would go up and at one point I had to shut the bike off because it couldn't cool itself down.
After it cooled down a bit I started the bike back up and the fan didn't turn on.
I just bought this bike a few days ago so I don't know if the fan works or not but I would like to get to the bottom of this one.

So what I know right now is
the coolant level is good and looks good.
The fan fuse is good
the fan appears to be plugged in.

So I am wondering where the relay is for the fan so I can check that next, then I will check to see if the fan itself actually works.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A member pm'd me the diagram that I needed and after testing, the fan works just fine so it has to be the fan switch. I'll keep my ears open today when I ride to see if the fan does turn on and maybe I just didn't notice but all signs point to a bad fan switch right now.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
You could rig up an on/off toggle for it in the mean time. When you approach traffic, flip it on and once you're clear turn it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts